The Our Kids Center, an evaluation center that specializes in multidisciplinary forensic medical evaluations of children and adolescents who are suspected to be victims of sexual abuse, is seeking a full time nurse practitioner. A successful candidate would be a Hospital Authority employee.
- Perform forensic medical evaluations on children and adolescents (Birth to 18 Years of Age) with concerns of sexual abuse or assault as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide clinical education for medical professionals who rotate through the Our Kids Center.
- Collaborate with the investigative team (Child Protective Services, law enforcement and the judicial system) with respect to sexual abuse evaluations.
- Work with staff members to develop and implement research projects.
- Provide court testimony throughout Middle Tennessee.
- Participate in quality assurance activities including monthly peer review.
- Provide training and education on topics related to child sexual abuse to physicians, nurses, investigators and the lay community.
- The ideal Our Kids NP candidate has strong communication skills and works well in a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend on-call coverage.
Education: Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
Master’s Degree Required.
Licensure: Current TN Advanced Practice Nursing or Physician Assistant License.
Certifications: PNP (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner), FNP (Family Nurse Practitioner) or Physician Assistant by national certifying body acceptable to the State of Tennessee Board of Nursing.
Experience: 1 year recent pediatric experience and 1 year APN/PA experience with pediatric population preferred.
Broad knowledge of family violence and child abuse issues plus knowledge of the criminal justice and child protection systems desirable.
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance offered through Nashville General Hospital.
How to Apply
Please apply through the following link:
- Date Posted: June 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth