Nashville Promise Zone Crime Reduction Coordinator
The mission of the Nashville Promise Zone (NPZ) is to foster intensive partnerships among Nashville’s organizations that serve high-poverty neighborhoods, improve the collective impact of their service, and address revitalization in a collaborative way. The VISTA Crime Reduction Coordinator will support NPZ Work Groups, Steering Committee, and Community Members in an effort to improve community safety in the NPZ. The VISTA member will also support the capacity of organizations serving the NPZ who work toward crime prevention and advocacy for former offenders.
The Nashville Promise Zone Crime Reduction Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and ensure the participation of appropriate NPZ residents and partner organizations in the Crime Reduction Working Group
- Assist one Nashville Promise Zone Subsponsor with capacity building activities as needed as an independent project
- Research and recommend applicable best practices to the Crime Reduction Working Group to keep it up-to-date and inform decision making
- Coordinate Crime Reduction Working Group: scheduling date and location of meetings, setting agendas, as well as recording and distributing meeting minutes to working group mailing list
- Attend internal VISTA Team meetings regularly to discuss outcomes, brainstorm next steps to fortify self-sufficiency and overall progress the NPZ
- Assist in planning ongoing NPZ projects with the goal of fostering Crime Reduction Workgroup collaboration
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
Members receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
|Professional Development Training
Members have the opportunity to attend in-person and virtual training to learn how to be a community development change agent.
|Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE)
AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program that allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
|End of Service Award
Members can choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,000) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.
How to Apply
Interested applicants will need to apply through the AmeriCorps web portal. Please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista
- Date Posted: May 12, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 07/06/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm