Mobile Services Sonographer
Hope Clinic for Women
Hope Clinic for Women Job Description
Position Title: Mobile Services Sonographer
Position Type: 12 hours per week; additional hours as needed.
Mondays from 3:30pm-7:30pm (starting in July); Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:00-12:15 (starts immediately)
Schedule is subject to change. Schedule is offsite as part of our mobile services.
Work Environment: This job operates on a mobile unit. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Hope Clinic for Women is a faith-based, safe and confidential place for anyone dealing with life choices regarding past, present and future pregnancies. We provide education, professional counseling, case management, practical support and medical care for anyone regardless of age, race or religion.
Hope Clinic for Women is a Christ centered ministry existing to honor the sanctity of all human life as exemplified by:
- Teenagers and single adults choosing abstinence until marriage;
- Women and men choosing life for their child in the midst of a pregnancy;
- People experiencing God’s grace and forgiveness after an abortion;
- The transformation of hearts and lives by discovering the purpose/potential God intended for all His children.
Under general supervision and direction renders client care in accordance with regulatory, certifying, and accreditation standards
- Provide education and dispensing of basic need supplies as appropriate
- Provide medical referrals and community resources for clients
- As needed: collection and documenting of vitals; obtain/document client medical history
- Must be able to collect specimens for delivery to laboratory, interpret results, and update client with results; blood collecting skills required
- Provide pregnancy tests and sign pregnancy verification forms
- Provide ultrasounds for positive test clients (non-diagnostic)
- Must be able to phone-in medications to the pharmacy when applicable
- Maintains stock of all required medical supplies in mobile unit at end of each day.
- Inventory medical/lab supplies weekly; filling out a supply order form to submit to Medical Manager.
- Fill out proper information in EHR (electronic health records) for patients before leaving each day.
- Quarterly staff retreats (typically on Fridays, 8:30-2:30)
- Current, unencumbered license in the state of Tennessee to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Sonographer (RDMS)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing or sonography experience required with clinic/office experience
- Current CPR certification
- Copy of updated physical, based on state requirements
- Copy of updated TB results; Chest x-ray if required
- Strong relational skills and ability to engage and motivate others
- Experience in non-profit environment
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred but not required
- PRN availability to cover vacations
Optional 401k retirement plan available after 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Philecia Dunkerson at email@example.com and also complete our online applicaiton here.
No calls or drop-ins please.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/30/2020
- Working Hours: Mondays from 3:30p-7:30p; Tuesdays and Fridays from 8a-12:15p