Rotary Club of Nashville
Rotary Club of Nashville
The Rotary Club of Nashville is a civic organization comprised of Nashville’s civic and business leaders. The Rotary Club of Nashville’s membership meets weekly to learn from prominent speakers, participate in service projects and give grants to not-for-profit organizations in Nashville and beyond.
This position: The Operations Manager is a part-time, hourly employee of the Rotary Club office, accountable to the Board of Directors reporting to the Executive Director.
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Must have the ability to attend weekly Rotary lunch meetings on Mondays.
- Flexible scheduling available.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment; avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- The work environment will require walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing 1-15 lbs. Also, the employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
- Process all accounting transactions in accounting software: accounts payable, member invoices, cash receipts, and payroll for both the Rotary Club of Nashville and the Rotary Service Trust
- Proactively manage the PayPal account to assure cash is transferred on a regular basis and all related accounting entries are up to date
- Prepare monthly financial statements including needed journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Complete all required payroll tax filings, including tax deposits, quarterly reports, annual returns
- Complete all required financial reports, such as file needed 1099s, state charitable solicitations permit, personal property tax return
- Work with the external auditor to provide all requested information to facilitate a thorough review of the Club’s finances
- Enter board approved budgets in accounting software
- Provide assistance with annual budget preparation
- Manage member database – is this the database with Rotary International or in QB?
- Assure an appropriate level of office supplies at all times
- Handle all necessary documentation related to Rotary District and International – how much time is this task? What is this task?
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and work with venue A/V staff at Monday Rotary Meetings
- Assist in scheduling volunteers for meetings and service projects
- Create and maintain nametags for membership and guests
- Maintain meticulous order and exceptional organization with all records and files
- Assure 95-100% accuracy in all accounting work; ability to review work and correct errors independently
- Routinely hits deadlines, both internal and external
- Works collaboratively with all team members, staff and volunteers
Qualifications and Skills:
- Shares Rotary’s motto of Service above Self
- Possesses strong communication and customer service skills
- Knowledgeable about basic bookkeeping procedures and data entry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and other common programs
- Completes projects in a timely manner
- Gives great attention to detail
- Has excellent writing skills
- Is a creative problem solver
- Is a self-starter
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in office management, bookkeeping or nonprofit administration
- Experience with QuickBooks, database management preferred
- Flexible scheduling available
- Flexible work environment (work in an office or remotely)
- Paid community service
- Paid federal holidays (during regularly scheduled work hours)
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Olivia Leow at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Membership Coordinator
- Date Posted: September 6, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 10-15 hrs/week