Medical Respite Coordinator
The National Health Care for the Homeless Council
The Medical Respite Coordinator will work with the Director of Medical Respite on projects of the National Instititue for Medical Respite Care (NIMRC) and the Respite Care Providers’ Network (RCPN). The job responsibilities of the Medical Respite Coordinator will involve completing pre-defined projects scoping the areas of technical assistance, education, training, and research, as assigned. Completion of these tasks will involve regular communication with the RCPN/NIMRC community to gather information and resources needed to execute this work well. The Medical Respite Coordinator works in concert with all teams of the Council. Duties may vary depending on team assignment, therefore a certain degree of flexibility and latitude is required.
I. Assist in the coordination of activities of the National Institute for Medical Respite Care (NIMRC) and the Respite Care Providers’ Network (RCPN).
- Coordinate logistics for monthly Steering Committee meetings, two-day October retreat, and NIMRC and RCPN events at National Health Care for the Homeless Conference.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Medical Respite Pre-Conference Institute at the annual National Health Care for the Homeless Conference & Policy Symposium.
- Coordinate communications to RCPN/NIMRC with the Council’s Communications Team.
- Draft quarterly newsletter of the RCPN/NIMRC
- Draft, write, and/or review written materials and reports on medical respite, as needed.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of learning collaborative activities related to medical respite care.
- Performs other duties as required.
2. Coordinate training and technical assistance (TA) related to medical respite care.
- Respond to medical respite TA requests.
- Design and develop tools needed to better carry out medical respite TA.
- Develop relationships with Subject Matter Experts and medical respite program providers to assist with medical respite TA.
- Assist in the development of content for training events including webinars and online courses.
3. Manage the national directory of medical respite programs
- Add and edit program data in the directory of medical respite programs, as needed.
- Maintain and periodically analyze data from the directory of medical respite programs, as assigned.
- Draft, write and/or review written materials and reports on medical respite, as needed.
- Participate in staff planning and development of activities, including: all-staff meetings, organizational retreats, and other meetings as necessary.
- Provide consultation to Council staff in activities overlapping with your area of assignment
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Knowledge of medical respite care, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and social skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of organizations and individuals from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong meeting planning and facilitation skills, including use of web-conferencing technologies.
- Capacity and willingness to learn new software, research methods, and work routines quickly; flexibility in responding to information and reporting requests as they arise.
- Intermediate knowledge of program evaluation and outcomes measurement.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to operate a variety of office equipment, including photocopier and personal computer.
- Ability to operate small office equipment, such as computers and telephones.
- Outstanding candidates outside of Nashville, TN will be considered for remote employment.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.
- Enthusiasm for the work of medical respite care and ending homelessness
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to a collaborative team approach to organizational tasks.
- Ability to adapt to a change working environment.
- Comfort and ability work effectively with people from difference cultures and socioecocnomic backgrounds.
- Availability for occasional national travel.
Comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Julia Dobbins, Director of Medical Respite Care, at email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/12/2020
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $43,000
- Working Hours: 37.5