Medical Clinic Manager
We are a young and growing clinic in Nashville seeking motivated staff to implement our vision of holistic care with a focus on HIV medical care, STI prevention, sexual health and gender affirming care. The Clinic Manager will be responsible for the management of a multiple clinician practice including the activities of the clerical and clinical staff. The Clinic Manager oversees day to day clinic operations and compliance with regulatory bodies, ensures accuracy with insurance billing, grant reporting and coordinates among various disciplines to ensure high level patient care. The Clinic Manager maintains relationships external to the organization to facilitate referrals to the Clinic and patient external referrals when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Functions as liaison between clinicians, staff, and patients. Maintains patient and staff confidentiality.
- Functions as a liaison between patients and ancillary services including billing, laboratory services, pharmaceutical patient assistance programs.
- Supervises all staff, evaluates staff performance. Recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions. Supports staff training and development with ongoing support for essential functions of the clinic.
- Manages all sources of revenue including revenue cycle management, 340b, third party payers, grants, others as needed.
- Monitors timely and appropriate scheduling of patients
- Serves as primary point of contact for accounts with outside vendors
- Counsels with clinicians to analyze and recommend changes in medical practice systems, policies, and procedures, and assists with ensuring implementation
- Counsels with COO, clinicians on matters pertaining to basic operational policies of the clinic, recommends new or revised operational policies and ensures implementation
- Assists with clinical activities as needed including rooming patients, phlebotomy, administration of medications/vaccinations, front desk. Ability to cover for staff as needed for staff absences
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration. Maintains nursing license.
- Ensures regular inventory of supplies and orders as needed.
- Submits requests for payment for clinic expenses in a timely manner.
- Manages reporting requirements for all clinic grants and quality improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Organization, policies and procedures, systems, and objectives in ambulatory care setting
- Fiscal management and Human Resource management skills
- Healthcare administration experience
- Experience with electronic medical records, preferred experience with Athena
- Knowledge of government regulations and compliance requirements
- Planning, organizing, and supervision of staff
- Exercise initiative, judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with clinical and administrative staff, patients, and the public.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Maintain nursing license
- Ability to assist clinician, medical assistants, receptionist with clinical flow as needed.
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 10/03/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk