Our Medical Assistant will play an important part in the daily operation of our clinic. This role partners with our clinical staff and administrative team members to ensure our patients receive excellent care. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deeply rooted compassion for helping our patients, and be committed to making sure our operations run smoothly. The Medical Assistant will provide technical patient care support under limited supervision, taking comprehensive medical histories, performing physical exams, administering/ordering diagnostic tests and assisting with lab testing and phlebotomy.
- Performs a range of patient care processes and procedures, such as preparing patients’ charts, measuring and recording patient vital signs, schedule tests, procedures and referrals.
- Assists with medical procedures, including draping or positioning patients for examination or treatment, holding instruments, adjusting lights, and/or collecting, labeling and logging specimens.
- Disposes of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies. Disposes of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies
- Works within defined processes and appropriate patient care protocol relating to the physical, psychological, and developmental needs of the patient.
- Provide health care and patient services by gathering pertinent health information and providing patient care with guidance and direction from others as part of the health care team.
- Serve as an integral part of the health care disciplinary team, assisting in the navigation of medical questions, preparing and recording medical information in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, nursing staff, and other members of the health care team.
- Work with a variety of clients who are referred for HIV care and prevention medical services.
- Ensures the clinic is in compliance with privacy and security regulatory requirements of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Specialize in LGB (lesbian, gay and bisexual) and TGNC (transgender and gender non-conforming) services as it relates to STI and HIV medical services such as: patient interviewing, collecting medical histories, completing the following medical examinations: blood pressure, weight, and temperature; HIV and STI testing and reporting the patient history summary to providers and case managers for patients who are living with HIV or are vulnerable to HIV acquisition.
- Maintain tracking patients referred for complex/specialty HIV & PrEP care to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for program.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program and, Certified Medical Assistant (certification)
- Phlebotomist Certification
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience as a Medical Assistant
- Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, injections, specimen collection and point of care testing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Access and Word.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Work in community-based settings and program office
- Experience working in a federally qualified health center or community health center.
- Prior HIV/AIDS and/or Sexual health experience
- Experience with Quatris Centricity EMR
- Experience with telehealth platforms
- One year of experience working with and/or providing care to LGBT populations, Black and Latino community members; providing HIV related care/ prevention
- Spanish speaking ability is an added asset
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 13 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)