Media Relations and Communications Manager
Thistle Farms, a nonprofit social enterprise healing, empowering, and employing women survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction is growing their marketing team.
If you love how stories connect people and brands, building brand awareness, and creating partnerships that help amplify a movement, we may be looking for you.
Your ability to help create powerful content that inspires customers, donors, and advocates to join our movement for women’s freedom has the powerful opportunity to create generational and cultural change.
- Media Relations
Thistle Farms receives a humbling amount of interest from both large and small media organizations locally and nationally. This role would support by:
- Managing inbound media inquiries and determining opportunities that align with our mission and goals.
- Building out our Asset Library and FAQs to streamline requests.
- Identifying outlets we want to approach and managing a steady stream of pitches and relationship building activities.
- Overseeing onsite media teams to best honor the story of Thistle Farms and interview participants.
- Influencer Relationship Management
The best recommendation comes from someone you trust. We want to develop more relationships with people in a place to amplify our message. This role would support by:
- Creating a strategy in alignment with organizational and department goals of generating awareness to our target markets
- Working with key influencers, content creators, and respected individuals to invite them to share our mission and products with their followers
- Reporting on KPIs to communicate the success of the efforts
- Content Strategy and Creation
Beautiful things happen around Thistle Farms every day. We need a content creator to help content that can be shared to reflect stewardship, transformation, and hope. This role would support by:
- Managing a calendar of all communication touchpoints and facilitate content deployment across the website, social media, marketing, and media channels
- Creating content that reflects our mission, including stewardship reports, survivor stories, and organizational updates
- Contributing email marketing copy for both mission and product features
- Creating and improve Thistle Farms product descriptions with SEO best practices
- Public Policy & Advocacy Support
Part of our mission includes identifying legislative changes that impact systems of exploitation and survivors. This role will support the Advocacy department by:
- Taking complex topics from our Advocacy department and helping craft messages that are simple for those less familiar with policy to understand
- Helping deploy this content across web, social, and email
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communication.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in marketing with proven success.
- Social awareness and emotional intelligence to navigate complex and sensitive topics.
- Experience working in non-profit spaces and/or a trauma-informed care setting.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities and solve problems.
- Technically adept and experienced with online tools and systems.
- Contributory medical, dental and vision plans/ 401k.
- Paid Days Off (you will be entitled to paid time off in accordance with the Company’s
- vacation policy)
- Typically 10 paid holidays per year and closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day, subject to change annually.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other