TN Performing Arts Center
TN Performing Arts Center
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Director of Marketing drives earned revenue and audience expansion for TPAC’s presentations with a focus on integrating advertising, promotions, sales, and analytics to optimize income for multiple performance series, including, but not limited to, touring Broadway, dance, dramatic theatre, and family programming. Working within the department, across the organization, and with external groups, this position supports an integrated marketing approach to increasing ticket sales, frequency of attendance, patron engagement, fundraising, community engagement, patron loyalty, and other organizational goals.
- Employ a patron loyalty model to move customers from individual ticket buyers to multi-ticket buyers to season ticket holders to patrons/donors by leveraging analytics to drive frequency of attendance, loyalty, and patron engagement throughout the patron lifecycle.
- Oversee day-to-day marketing operations, including campaign budgeting, media planning, marketing creative, digital media, group sales, and promotions. Closely liaise with communications team for seamless integration of social media platforms.
- Work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity.
- Develop and sustain relationships with producers’ and agents’ representatives to obtain approvals of campaign advertising, budgets, timelines, and settlements.
- Foster a data-driven culture in which key data streams are utilized and acted upon.
- Identify new opportunities and build proposals, as needed, for VP’s review to grow multi-layered marketing programs.
- Engage external entities, community partners, and vendors to forge impactful and purposeful marketing partnerships.
- Define target audience and oversee list selection, based on metrics, for direct mail campaigns to support season and single ticket sales.
- Project manage the build and launch of TPAC webpages for future performance series.
- Work with TPAC’s Graphic Design and external vendors to create and deliver effective campaign assets, marketing collateral, and program-related signage.
- Inspire a collaborative work environment that motivates staff and cultivates productive relationships within the marketing and communication team and through the organization.
- Explore potential synergies between TPAC’s education and community engagement initiatives with ticketed performances.
- Supervise two direct reports, including the Group Sales Manager and the Manager of Email, Digital, and Sales Analytics (vacant).
- Maintain awareness of the TPAC budget designated for funding programs associated with this position’s responsibilities.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years experience in marketing. Significant experience maximizing ticket sales and exceeding key performance indicators (KPIs). Innovation, creative direction, and abilities to work independently and directing a team. Excellent verbal and written communication. Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in marketing, business, or arts administration. Analytical tracking and reporting. Experience working with external agencies on creative projects and digital ad placement. Familiarity with market research and audience measuring tools.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, Zoom.
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent Functions: Working virtually and in an office environment. Comfort with navigating backstage areas, including dressing rooms and various theater settings. Nights and weekends required opening nights, on-sales, and other special events.
- Occasional Functions: Local off site travel to engage external entities, media partners, and community members. Out of state travel also may be required. Lifting 30 pounds or less.
Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
How to Apply
Please go to our website
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic
- Date Posted: May 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture