Position Summary: The Director of Marketing is responsible for the management and implementation of comprehensive, multi-channel marketing strategies for Studio Tenn Theatre Company. Tasked with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department, the Director will supervise the Box Office/Communications Associate. With the Managing Director and senior leadership, the position will strategize and support the development and execution of all short-term and long-term strategies for single ticket sales and subscription sales, as well as institutional communications. The Director will analyze sales data, report trends and make recommendations to increase ROI. Studio Tenn is committed to recruiting and fostering a diverse community of staff. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE
Marketing Director is responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing the entirety of marketing and communications, including social media
- Conceptualizing, developing and implementing the company’s marketing and promotions strategy and related budgets
- Working closely with the Managing Director to develop a comprehensive marketing plan to enhance Studio Tenn’s efforts at marketing, promotion and publicity
- Planning and executing sales promotions, including all media buys
- Directing and supervising all Marketing Department personnel, including, but not limited to, box office, graphic design, public relations, marketing associates and any other departmental related positions
- Developing and implementing a clear, consistent and company-wide image and brand for the company; developing and maintaining a consistent presentation of the company’s corporate image
- Being an articulate representative and advocate for the company in all markets whenever representing the company
- Working closely with the Education Department and Development Department to develop promotional events to build audiences for the company in all markets
- Developing and implementing an effective subscription campaign and an effective single ticket sales campaign in all markets
- Developing annual earned income and departmental expense budgets both realistic and consistent with the company’s strategies to fulfill its mission
- Coordinating with the box office in all markets to ensure proper messaging and representation of the company in all matters relating to the public.
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing principles, especially as they relate to the non-profit arts market
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, keeping a keen eye on details while possessing strong multitasking skills.
- Must possess strong writing skills for multiple audiences – radio ad copy, press releases, show descriptions, brochure copy, e-newsletter communication, social networking updates
- Creative Design a plus
- 5-10 years marketing experience preferred.
- *Note: Studio Tenn is a fully vaccinated company. All employees must show proof of vaccination prior to beginning any on site work with Studio Tenn.
Health/Dental/PTO package available.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DIRECTOR OF MARKETING” by_June 1, 2022_. No phone calls please. If you do not receive a request to interview, you were not selected as a first-round candidate.
- Date Posted: April 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/20/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk 9 - 5pm