Project Transformation Tennessee
Marketing & Development Associate
Project Transformation Tennessee
In collaboration with the Development and Advocacy Team, the Marketing and Development Associate will provide strategy and coordination of a compelling annual communications plan across organization stakeholders, as well as assisting with funds development efforts including but not limited to grant writing and event management.
Marketing and Communications
- Oversees creative design, strategy, and implementation for the organization’s communications and marketing, including print and electronic marketing such as brochures, email newsletters, and annual reports.
- Develops focused marketing initiatives, in conjunction with Program Team, to support each program’s goals and needs while maintaining consistent messaging across the organization.
- Interviews, writes, collects, and documents client stories.
- Supervises production schedule of electronic and print pieces.
- Periodically audits materials for relevancy and effectiveness.
- Takes digital photos and videos at events and activities; maintains digital archive for both.
- Equips staff, board, and community partners to help effectively share organization’s story and impact.
- Prepares and delivers formal presentations before various public and private concerns; attends meetings, conferences, and seminars requiring periodic to frequent travel.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts organization wide, ensuring that the financials needs of the organization are met.
- Assists the Director of Development in the planning of all fundraising events, including the Benovon-based annual Partners in Transformation Luncheon; this involves planning as well as highly-detailed and organized project management and execution.
- Develops peer-to-peer giving strategies and works with key stakeholders to lead peer-to-peer campaigns.
- Oversees annual young adult fundraising strategies in collaboration with young adults.
- Maintains donor records to ensure that information is accurate with up-to-date gift history, contact details, and other relevant data. Logs incoming revenue and donations. Provides regular reporting to Director of Development.
- Assists in the coordination of correspondence with donors, including but not limited to, appeals, and thank you letters.
- Identifies and researches new potential funders organization wide. Obtains, reviews, and interprets grant guidelines to determine alignment of our mission with grant goals.
- Develops annual calendar of prospective grant submissions.
- Develops grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Drafts compelling grant reports in compliance with grantor guidelines and deadlines, working in partnership with program staff as necessary.
- Maintains and updates PT’s profile on LIVEGIVEmidsouth, GivingMatters and other giving platforms.
Website & Social Media Content
- Develops, maintains, and manages all online communication aligned with organization values.
- Generates original content to broaden awareness of programs, services, and impact.
- Oversees the adherence of organization’s social media and photo policy by staff and constituency.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associates degree and 2-5 years of successful communications/marketing experience
- Design skills; Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress website design and editing proficiency preferred
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with all print and digital media communications with strong proficiency in email marketing software
- Strong writing skills/ creative writing/ storytelling
A competitve benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, and paid leave.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Carrie Sherill (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 7.
About the Organization:
Project Transformation’s mission is to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships.
We are a small and mighty team that works together collaboratively in support of Project Transformation’s mission to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships. We expect our team members to be problem solvers and self-starters who are organized, methodical, and detail oriented. We work independently but depend on each other to be successful. You will report to the Director of Development.
Project Transformation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having traditionally marginalized, underrepresented voices at the center of our work. We welcome all individuals to apply and are eager to expand our organization to reflect the diversity of our community.
- Date Posted: December 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 35,000-40,000