Nurture the Next
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Nurture the Next
Summary: The Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all the marketing activities and initiatives of the organization including managing all social media channels. They conduct market research, carry out promotional campaigns, identify target audiences and evaluate current trends in order to promote our agency and programs and the overall NTN mission. They lead the coordination of all events for middle TN including development, community, and programmatic events.
- Strategically use social media in various capacities to support development and programs.
- Markets programs by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Collect and catalog impact stories from staff and use in promotion of the agency’s mission
- Contribute content for blogs and newsletters and work with staff on communications team to ensure quality posts.
- Prepare and design the annual report, annual appeal, impact reports and other publications with direction from Chief Development Officer and Communications manager.
- Design and develop collateral for as family engagement events, virtual events, and festivals
- Track website and social media analytics and prepare reports as needed for the Communications Manager
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to ensure well designed materials, messaging and content representative of our brand.
- Design and aid with online giving campaigns through Classy.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with departments, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Coordinates printing orders
- Update website as needed.
- Actively collaborate with direct service staff to identify program participants that may be asked to contribute mission stories, participate in photo shoots, or videos.
Community Events and Programming
- Plan and coordinate events such as public awareness campaigns and special events designed to engage families in programs and promote our services
- Coordinate various training and events for community engagement
- Plan Parent Connection events for middle TN.
- Assist the development team to plan and coordinate events that financially support our organization’s mission and programs.
- Network within the community to identify community events that provide the organization the opportunity to promote the agency and our programs.
- Represents the agency and build strategic relationships at community, civic or other public functions to increase engagement in our mission.
- Support staff with their plans for regional community engagement and outreach including special events such as baby showers, festivals, wellness/child safety events, etc.
- Collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator to communicate needs for volunteers at various community events
- Graphic design skills including proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud,
- Experience with marketing through Emma, Facebook, Linked in, Google ads, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience with advocacy, fundraising and grassroots mobilizing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team as well as demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate work process needs or obstacles
- Problem solving skills
- Experience managing processes to completion
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work non-standard business hours as needed and scheduled
- Ability to self-direct daily work tasks and practice effective time management
- Highly computer literate, including experience with Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, email, internet; and design applications.
- Must be able to meet documentation requirements
- Reliable transportation with and valid driver’s license
Occasional out-of-town and overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field; 3+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to keyboard and do data entry at a computer. The employee is frequently required to drive, walk and climb stairs in the office and in a variety of community-based and home settings. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have access to reliable transportation. The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, families’ homes and community spaces, with frequent exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to events and meetings. The noise level varies by sites and meetings.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, efforts, requirements, or expectations of this position. Management reserves the right to revise or amend this description. I understand fully and agree to accept the responsibilities of this job description.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield or Cigna medical and dental benefits paid 100% for the employee
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary health and wellness program
- Retirement Savings with matching contributions
- Paid Parental Leave – Four weeks of paid parental leave (beyond short-term disability) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Employee Health and Wellness Program that provides a health tracker opportunities to earn incentives through meeting wellness goals
- Access to financial planning services and additional life insurance
- Ongoing training and development
- Work hard/play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement and celebrations while you work, such as networking events, small group outings, and seasonal celebrations
- Paid internships for current employees who are pursuing advanced degrees such as an MSW
- Trauma-informed and resiliency work culture – we make every effort to provide a supportive environment where employees feel empowered to make and impact in the communities we serve.
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply at https://www.nurturethenext.org/careers-internships
OR by clicking the link below:
- Date Posted: March 18, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth