Tennessee Hospital Association
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Tennessee Hospital Association
Under the direction of the Vice President, Marketing & Communications (VP), this position creates, and distributes content for a variety of communications, including, but not limited to social media, blogs, videos, website, newsletters, publications, and information to be released to the media. Also works closely with the Senior Director of Marketing in THA’s day-to-day social media engagement, including planning, creating, and posting videos. Monitors, tracks and pulls analytics on social media engagement. Oversees THA website content, working with staff to ensure it is relevant and up to date. Serves as the initial contact for media requests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of VP:
- The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
- Responsible for all website content and ensuring information on the website is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct a quarterly website review process and lead a committee of THA executives and other staff to review and update the website.
- Write scripts for, plan, coordinate, film, and post digital video content for THA’s social media sites, YouTube, THA websites, and member communications.
- In coordination with other Marketing and Communications staff, create, review, and distribute weekly/monthly THA publications and other communications as requested by THA departments.
- Edit, format, and distribute THA email communications using Emma and maintain Emma distribution lists.
- Serve as the initial contact for media requests. Prepare a summary of requests and conduct additional research on the topic for the VP.
- Monitor and track social media metrics and engagement and provide a monthly report to the VP and Senior Director of Marketing. Also pull analytics and engagement and provide a monthly report to the VP and Senior Director or Marketing.
- Maintain continued education around emerging social media trends and tools.
- Research THA issues and create talking points, issue briefs, and one-pagers, and work with the THA Graphic Designer, who will create infographics and social media graphics.
- Create draft copy for press releases, opinion-editorial columns, bios, media statements, quotes, and related content.
- Work with the VP to plan and schedule quarterly THA member hospital communications teams calls/meetings, emails or newsletters for comms teams and create pre- and post-THA Board meeting communications to be sent to communications leads at THA Board member hospitals.
- Work with the VP to plan, coordinate speakers, schedule lunch, and create materials for the THA quarterly all staff meetings.
- Assist the VP in developing communications, outreach, and advocacy campaigns for special projects and initiatives. Ensure talking points and other materials are distributed to the Hospital Communications group as assigned.
- Monitor and evaluate email marketing and general search engine optimization (SEO) results on a weekly basis.
- Must be available in the office during regular office hours unless a hybrid work environment is in place or job responsibilities require otherwise.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel approximately 5 percent of the time, including overnight, be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in national, regional, and state groups specializing in the areas above.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting directly to you, if any, and their areas of responsibility)
GUIDANCE & DIRECTION: (Policies, precedents or procedures that guide your work)
- THA Employee Handbook
- THA Brand Guidelines
- The annual communications plan
- The annual marketing plan
Educational and experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with the workings of an association, including education, communications, policy and customer service preferred.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Coordinate communications efforts with multiple people to achieve success in corporate and other goals.
- Assess needs, plan, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attend to details and manage complex projects.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Work effectively with internal staff, external groups, and consultants.
- Receive and process multiple inquiries simultaneously.
- Demonstrate accountability for work processes and outcomes.
- Experience working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Broad experience in social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, InDesign, Canva, Emma, and/or other social media and email marketing tools.
health, dental, vision & life insurance
short- and long-term disability
paid time off
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and apply through https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1359214/Tennessee-Hospital-Association/Marketing-and-Communications-Coordinator
- Date Posted: October 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 57,000-$69,000 annually DOE
- Working Hours: 38.75 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00 am-4:45 pm