Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Manager, Digital Engagement
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Digital Engagement Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer and is the organization’s primary resource to ensure that all digital communication is thought- provoking, engaging, informative, and consistent with approved messaging and branding. The position performs a variety of specialized and administrative functions to increase Operation Stand Down Tennessee’s visibility through the development and distribution of information and materials through digital channels including website, e-newsletter, and social channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Create and execute social media strategy including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Develop content for and maintain the website using Wix and its supporting resources like JotForm and GoDaddy.
- Position OSDTN as a subject matter expert and a pipeline of relevant Veteran information online, including pushing content to externally facing staff for distribution through their online and social networks (i.e., personal LinkedIn pages)
- Knowledge of emerging social media trends like VSCO, TikTok, Snapchat, and WhatsApp to create and/or expand OSDTN presence and engagement.
- Create and send bi-weekly newsletters through MailChimp.
- Support executive staff in their marketing/communication needs as assigned.
- Facilitate marketing campaigns, create timelines, and help plan events, as needed.
- Create and monitor digital invitations and ticket sales through platforms such as Eventbrite.
- Adheres to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
- Participates in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations, or related field or equivalent experience is required. A minimum of two to three years of experience preferably in a marketing/communication role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of: Website management platform Wix, domain management, Social Media planning software, and app-based platforms, Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint).
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience successfully creating and executing social media strategies which increased engagement and followers.
- Knowledge of the Veteran community including news sources, social networks, and cross-promotional opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in social media management tools and web management software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in advance of deadlines.
- Ability to fulfill assigned workload with light supervision.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong editing skills with attention to detail and fact checking.
- Graphic design ability helpful but not required.
- Be a positive member of a diverse team
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Broad capacity for global thinking and creative problem solving.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
- Possess valid, current Tennessee driver’s license
This position is full time at 40 hours/week; excellent PTO policy; 401K and subsidized health care, dental and vision plan.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: March 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/04/2022
- Salary Range: $40,000-$47,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week