Nashville Rescue Mission
Mail Services Coordinator
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Mail Services Coordinator to support the mailroom functions and receipting activities on behalf of the organization. The primary role of this position is to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all incoming and outgoing mail-related activities.
This job might be for you if:
You possess strong organizational and clerical skills.
You are highly organized and pay close attention to the details. You have a desire for efficiency in all the work you do. You like order over chaos and commit to maintaining an organized work environment.
You are computer and tech-savvy.
You know your way around computers and printers. You’re comfortable updating databases but just at ease dealing with technical issues related to mailroom equipment.
You are willing to tackle any task.
You are self-motivated and do not need constant support and direction. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and successfully maintain professionalism, a positive attitude, and enthusiasm to help, all the time, without being asked.
You possess strong communication skills.
You are comfortable communicating with people at every level of the organization, albeit by phone, in person, or email. You are not afraid to ask questions. You are comfortable speaking with the post office, print vendors, and others in representing the organization and its best interests.
You are reliable and responsible.
You are comfortable performing sensitive and confidential tasks. As a safe and responsible driver, you can be counted upon to pick up and deliver mail as necessary. You can think and act with purpose and integrity.
1. Prints and mails donor receipt letters within 48 hours of their posting by the Finance Department.
2. Sorts, enters into ClientTrack, and delivers all client and guest mail and packages.
3. Process and deliver all outgoing mail and parcels.
4. Processes, prints and mails NRM newsletter to newly acquired donors.
5. Prints and mails gift acknowledgment letters to all donors who have given at least one gift totaling $250 or more by January 31 of each year for tax purposes.
6. Ensures the mailroom stays organized and neat in appearance.
7. Ensures all mailroom equipment is well maintained and in working condition.
8. Obtain print counts on all non-networked printers each month and report to Dex Imaging.
9. Manage printer logic in coordination with IT.
10. Coordinates with approved vendor to order all printer ink and toner.
11. Regularly corrects Addressees/Salutations in Raiser’s Edge.
12. Coordinates with approved vendor on any service / technical issues for all printers at NRM.
13. Drives to the Church Street Post Office to check NRM PO Box.
14. Drives to BMEU (Business Mail Entry Unit) in Donelson to deliver each bulk receipt mailing.
15. Delivers and picks up mail / items between NRM locations weekly.
16. Ensures the mail room is stocked with printer toner, letterhead, receipt paper, envelopes, stamps and other essential supplies used by NRM staff.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Special Skills/Education/Training Requirements:
- Mail Service Coordinator must have a valid TN drivers license and a clean driving record. Must be insurable through Nashville Rescue Mission’s auto insurance provider. Before driving on behalf of Nashville Rescue Mission, the Mail Services Coordinator will need to be added to the Mission’s automobile insurance. Must be comfortable driving each day to and from the Post Office.
- Ability to use mailroom equipment, familiarity with Microsoft Office and comfortable learning new software, trouble-shoot small issues, and maintaining a clean work environment.
Regularly includes standing, walking, sitting and climbing stairs. Regularly includes reading, typing/computer usage and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Inside and outside work environment.
Overtime is unapproved unless preapproved by supervisor.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays, and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume or email your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: December 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.