LP PENCIL Box Warehouse and Delivery Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations and Warehouse Programs
Supervises: Volunteers, Interns
Schedule: Full time, hourly
Wage Scale: $13-$16 / hr | 30-40 hrs/wk
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PENCIL’S TEAM VALUES:
Our work is guided by the needs of Metro Nashville Public Schools, is student centric, and is achieved through partnerships and tangible engagements.
As the PENCIL team, we will:
- Be collaborative and transparent
- Act with integrity
- Demonstrate kindness and gratitude
The LP PENCIL Box warehouse coordinator oversees the daily operations of the LP PENCIL Box (LPPB) warehouse, for the free school supply center for teachers in Metro Nashville Public Schools. The goal of this position is to receive donations, sort donations, prepare stock for the store, prepare supplies for delivery and pick-up, and deliver supplies to schools and satellite locations.
The Warehouse coordinator will focus on the following impact areas:
- Manage and organize inventory in warehouse.
- Operate and maintain walkie-stacker, electric and manual pallet jacks, and PENCIL Van
- Work with Director of Operations to schedule shipments, deliveries and pick-ups, by holding regular dock hours
- Load PENCIL Van and go out on deliveries directly to schools
- Receive, sort, and record donations
- Warehouse management
- Hold standard dock hours for at least 30 hours a week is covered by LP PENCIL Box Staff
- Keep warehouse tidy, free of clutter, and maintain safety protocols for staff and volunteers in the warehouse
- Maintain upkeep of PENCIL, pallet jacks, and forklifts
- Receive donations, sort, and count, and bring all donation sheets to LPPB Manager
- Supervise volunteers assigned to sorting and stocking projects as applicable, and ensure warehouse safety protocols are followed
- Pull items for restocking prior to each shopping session using list provided by LP PENCIL Box Staff
- Lead team in annual audit inventory counts
- Delivery and Use of PENCIL Van
- Keep van in regular maintenance
- Take out deliveries as needed, averaging about 6 hours a week
- Pick-up donations as needed
- Keep van schedule for other PENCIL staff use
- Prep loads for pick-up and van deliveries
- Ensure inventory is ready to send to Satellite stores
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION – High school diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
- LICENSES – A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to drive 20ft PENCIL Cargo van, and must get class F endorsement on License within 60 days of hire.
- SKILLS -Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation. Ability to effectively interact with all PENCIL clients, staff, donors, and board of directors. Strong oral communication skills. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are necessary. Able to work independently and proactively is critical.
- EXPERIENCE – Previous experience in a warehouse/delivery/moving company is a plus
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50-75 pounds.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and walkie stacker
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
30 Hours/week: 30 hours must be consistent week to week, to set publishable dock hours. Example schedule Monday-Friday, 8AM-2PM
This job profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks required, it is to provide a general description of essential job responsibilities.
PENCIL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to email@example.com
Please, no phone calls. Thank you for your interest in PENCIL!
- Date Posted: April 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Salary Range: $13-$16 / hr
- Working Hours: 30-40 hrs/wk