Carnegie Kids Club (CKC) is a community-based program designed to assist children with improvement in literacy skills with reading, writing, and creativity. Children are recruited from schools and the community. Club sessions can occur virtually, in the community, and at schools. The schedule of sessions is based on the partnership for which the sessions are hosted. Sessions are facilitated by the Literacy Facilitator also known as the Club Leader who completes the CKB training. CKC evaluation process includes pre/post assessments from the learners. At the end of the sessions, learners contribute their writing and drawings to a collaborative anthology.
- Facilitate differentiated instruction through reading, movement, writing, and a drawing activity.
- Evaluate student learning and engagement based on student performance.
- Research, coordinate, and manage instructional content for lesson plans.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- or working towards a bachelor’s.
Experience working with and/or teaching children 5-8 years old.
How to Apply
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: November 7, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/01/2023
- Salary Range: $20 per hour