LifeSet Specialist – Jackson, TN
*Ask about our $6,000 Sign-On Payment*
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our LifeSet Transitional Living Specialists provide their 16-22 year old clients with the knowledge to utilize all available community resources. These counselors are able to help clients become self-sufficient by assisting them in locating and learning how to use community resources such as housing, employment and education.
In addition to providing LifeSet transitional living services to young adults, our specialists may also provide case management services to Extension of Foster Care (EFC) youth. Extension of Foster Care provides an opportunity for a young adult to remain in foster care up to age 21 and receive resources and support to ensure better outcomes. EFC services include case management, placement support, and judicial oversight.
- Carry an average caseload of 9-12 youth including LifeSet (weekly sessions) and EFC (monthly sessions); frequency of sessions may increase or decrease as directed by the Clinical Supervisor on the basis of clinical need.
- Provide on call crisis support to LifeSet clients 24 hours a day 7 days a week (alternating on-call duties with other specialists).
- Provide accurate and complete information to Clinical Supervisor in a timely manner in the event of a crisis situation.
- Implement suggestions of interventions provided by supervisor and/or consultant in a timely manner to be reflected in the next treatment plan cycle.
- Participate weekly in all supervision exercises to ensure the appropriate conceptualization and implementation of treatment.
- Provide all therapeutic services in accordance with Youth Villages’ Mission and Values and LifeSet Model Principles.
- Conduct on-going assessment of the young adult’s needs from a strength focused, solution-based perspective.
- Engage and align with the young adult and their support system to elicit full participation in treatment.
- Attend court hearings and foster care review boards with EFC young adults
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage.
- A Master’s degree in a social services discipline is strongly preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social services discipline is required
- Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- One year of related experience in counseling and/or case management is required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
$50000 – $58000 / year based on education and clinical license
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement and licensure supervision
- Growth & development through continuous training
- Clinical and administrative advancement opportunities
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
How to Apply
Ready to apply? Use this link: https://careers-youthvillages.icims.com/jobs/16013/lifeset-specialist/job
- Date Posted: April 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth