Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee
Are you a licensed clinical social worker looking for an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of vulnerable families? Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee is seeking a dedicated LCSW to join our team and provide essential home-based support to at-risk families.
As a licensed clinical social worker with our organization, you will play a critical role in preventing infant mortality, child abuse, and neglect through promoting healthcare, education, and positive parenting skills. Your expertise in social work will be essential in providing families with the support they need to thrive. This is a full-time, hybrid, remote home visiting position with flexible scheduling and a few days in office monthly.
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent individual who can work collaboratively with our Registered Nurses to deliver comprehensive clinical social work services in our home care model. In this role, you will follow the NASW Code of Ethics in planning care, assessing client needs, providing therapy, and utilizing screening tools to connect clients with appropriate community resources. You will be working with hospitals, clinics, physician offices, and community agencies to provide comprehensive client care.
- Provides social work services to clients through home visits in conjunction with Nurses.
- Provides social work consultation and informational support to nursing and other NFN personnel. Supports management and peers in performance of their duties.
- Identifies and evaluates problems and recommends appropriate resources and approaches for NFN clients with multiple environmental, mental health, or social needs.
- Uses knowledge of human behavior and development with particular emphasis on maternal and child health to provide services to clients and consultation to NFN staff.
- Interviews clients, and coordinates programs and activities to meet their social and emotional needs.
- Provides evidence-based therapeutic interventions based on individual consumer needs.
- Completes documentation in clinical database for client contacts.
- Cultivates and actively maintains relationships with organizations in the community that relate to NFN and its mission to enhance organizational collaboration with community resources that benefit NFN clients and agency strategic goals.
- Develops and maintains a directory of resources to assist NFN clients and the work of NFN visiting personnel.
- Refers clients to community resources as determined by individual client needs and in collaboration with the Registered Nurse. Follows up and documents outcomes for each referral given.
- Organizes and supervises client support groups in coordination with the Nursing Director.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with clients, peers, visitors, volunteers, supervisors, and community agencies.
- Provides social work services consistent with the ethical requirements of the social work profession for NFN client families referred to the social worker.
- Effectively plans and organizes work.
- Attends scheduled Home Visitor meetings, Program meetings, and Case Management meetings.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with NFN policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively participates in agency activities in a professional manner to support and promote the mission:
- Represents and promotes NFN through participation and interaction with community, professional organizations, and community outreach efforts.
- Participates in timely conflict management.
- Treats people fairly and with respect.
- Supports executive, management and NFN staff in performance of their duties.
- Serves on committees and completes special projects as requested.
- Participates in problem solving and performance improvement processes.
- Promotes responsible and ethical stewardship of NFN resources.
What we require:
- Master’s in Social Work from a CSWE accredited Social Work program or related field.
- Current Tennessee Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience delivering home services or 1-year clinical behavioral health experience providing direct services to high-risk patients.
- Knowledge of human behavior, child development, and evidence-based practices for low- income populations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multi-disciplinary teams and provide leadership in representing clinical social work perspective/liaison with client and family.
- Flexibility in scheduling appointments and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work cooperatively with a wide range of staff, clients, and community partners.
- Strong self-motivation, organization, and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficient computer skills, including EMR database and MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), in an Apple MacOS environment.
- Must have a valid TN driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and appropriate auto insurance.
We value diversity and inclusion, and bilingual candidates in English and either Spanish or Arabic are encouraged to apply. While bilingual skills are a plus, they are not necessary.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, Life, AD&D, and FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus 2 additional floating holidays
- Leave for bereavement, jury duty, and military
- Simple IRA with matching benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
How to Apply
At Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee, we offer a supportive work environment that allows for professional growth and development. We are dedicated to providing our employees with competitive compensation, benefits, and work-life balance.
If you are ready to join a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to making a difference in the lives of families in Middle Tennessee, please forward your resume, cover letter, and application to HR@nursesfornewborns.org.
- Date Posted: May 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $59,000
- Working Hours: Flexible Scheduling