First Steps, Inc.
First Steps, Inc.
Are you looking for work that makes a difference in a fun and creative environment? First Steps, Inc. is one of the leading agencies in the State of Tennessee in the field of early childhood education and early childhood special education. We are proud to work with a talented group of Therapists and Teachers, and are excited to bring a new Lead Teacher onto our team. We offer not only an opportunity to work with children of all abilities, but the chance to do this in a fun and supportive environment where people come together to help children and families thrive as they meet goal after goal!
Classroom and Teaching Responsibilities:
- Provide developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for all children in the classroom.
- Collaborate with other service providers (OT, PT, SLP, DT, etc.) and families to gain a thorough understanding of challenges facing the child and family.
- Conduct developmental assessments for children in the classroom.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation required for each child.
- Ensure appropriate adaptations are made for children with special needs.
- Ensure classroom design and operations meet State licensing standards and upholds the principles of both the 3-Star Rating Program and Tennessee’s Early Learning Standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education, early childhood education or related field.
- Experience with young children or children with disabilities.
- High School Diploma
- Training in child development
- At least one year experience with young children or children with disabilities
Excellent benefits package which includes among others – paid leave, selected paid holidays, healthcare plan, life insurance plan, and retirement plan.
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: April 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 14.00-15.50 per hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk