East End Prep
Lead Teacher, Grades K-3 (2020-21 School Year)
East End Prep
East End Prep is looking for teachers with exceptionally high expectations for their students combined with a “whatever it takes” attitude toward meeting those expectations. Located in the heart of East Nashville, East End Prep is empowering elementary students with the foundation necessary to excel in middle school, high school, and eventually college completion. At East End Prep, we are built on the firm belief that great teachers given the right environment to perform on a high level and “work their magic” in the classroom is the key to overall student and school success.
Joining the faculty of East End Prep in 2020, nine years after opening, is a chance to help continue to build a top-performing school entrenched in a relentless commitment to excellence. You will be part of a team of stellar educators building a top performing K-8 school.
SUMMARY: Utilize student data, family relationships, research, and school/community resources to plan and facilitate high quality instruction and character development focused on results. Establish strong relationships with family and community, working together to ensure students success. Maintain and carry out the belief that all students can and will achieve at high levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement high-quality lessons and classroom instruction with a focus on student achievement.
- Create a classroom climate of high expectations that is positive, safe, healthy, and conducive to learning, communication, collaboration, and mutual respect. Support and help create that same climate in the overall school setting.
- Communicate with families via home visits, phone calls, and conferences.
- Use current student data to drive instruction, planning, and decision making.
- Work collaboratively with all EEP staff members to ensure students achieve at high levels.
- Develop processes that encourage student self-assessment and self-monitoring.
- Document, analyze, and summarize student progress, based on both formal and informal assessment measures, in order to communicate with students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Utilize technology to maintain student data and enhance student learning.
- Demonstrate a relentless commitment to ensuring all students succeed at the highest levels.
- Leading and assisting in the development of the associate teacher in the classroom.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
Tennessee Teacher Certification
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at East End Prep includes a comprehensive benefits and retirement package.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.marthaobryan.org/careers
Kindergarten & 1st Grade are self-contained classrooms, while 2nd and 3rd grade are split between an ELA & Social Studies teaching team and Science & Math teaching team. Please note on your cover letter which grade level and content(s) you are interested in teaching.
- Date Posted: February 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education