Explore! Community School
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Type: Full Time; 10 month
In accordance with the Explore! Community School mission and values, Explorer’s Lead Server reports directly to the school’s Director of Operations, and is responsible for managing the school’s breakfast, lunch, and snack programs — preparing, serving, invoicing and tracking all food over the course of the school year. The Lead Server is a main touchpoint for our meal vendor, and is responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance requirements are all met each day.
Check out this video to learn more about our school and culture!
- Manage all daily food service operations and logistics, ensuring all students receive a healthy and compliant breakfast and lunch each day
- Collect and record all data necessary to receive meal reimbursements
- Serve as a main point of contact for meal vendor
- Ensure food service is compliant and safe
- Attend teacher/staff meetings and trainings with team
- Evident passion for Explore’s mission, matched with a strong work ethic, and a belief that all students, including those with special needs, can achieve academic success
- Previous experience managing and/or working in a large capacity kitchen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Excellent computer skills, with the ability to edit documents and maintain records
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices, and procedures related to public health and specific to educational facilities
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
This is a benefits eligible position.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.marthaobryan.org/careers
- Date Posted: May 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Education