LC & Residential Counselor
Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
To provide educational services and immediate crisis interventions for shelter clients and actively participate in the program team.
The shelter operates 24/7, 365 days a year, and provides short term residence and case management to youth between the ages of 13-17.
Assist in preparing and implementing educational modules and supervise students.
· Assist with educational group services when assigned and appropriate.
· Continuously provide support for all youth by engaging individuals and groups.
· Provide student assessments and grading reporting to appropriate monitors.
· Work in partnership with youth in meeting their stated educational goals.
· Document progress of students in daily log.
· Transport and supervise youth on outings. Schedule and supervise field trips.
· Supervise classes and activities when teacher is on hiatus or holiday.
· Provide crisis intervention, referral, and intake services through the crisis phone line, crisis walk-in service, and Safe Place program.
· Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
· Facilitate the referral process for potential clients to other Oasis programs and/or external resources.
· Attend regularly scheduled and called staff meetings.
· Supervise activities of residents.
· Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth –including LGBTQ+ youth.
· Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
· Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
· Valid State of Tennessee Driver’s License and good driving record.
· Two years relevant experience or Associate’s Degree -Bachelor’s preferred
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Marjorie Rice @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: March 31, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 32K- 36K