TennGreen Land Conservancy
Land Conservation Coordinator
TennGreen Land Conservancy
OVERVIEW: The Land Conservation Coordinator is a multi-faceted position with responsibilities that include assisting with conservation easement, land acquisition, and land conservation outreach projects. The Land Conservation Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director.
Reports to: Deputy Director
- Communicate with potential conservation easement donors, assist landowners with completing conservation easement applications, and secure supporting documentation as requested by Conservation Project Manager.
- Draft Conservation Plans and project highlights for each land project.
- Prepare initial drafts of land acquisition contracts and conservation easements
- Assist land department with conservation easement and land acquisition due diligence including:
- Securing title reports and supporting documents, appraisals, surveys, and environmental assessments.
- Ensuring all due diligence is provided to TennGreen in a timely manner from vendors.
- Communicating with vendors to remedy any due diligence problems.
- Coordinate strategic landowner engagement activities throughout Tennessee including:
- Identifying locations for and scheduling outreach events.
- Ensuring the outreach site is set up for the event (e.g., AV equipment available, coffee and refreshments are ordered, presenters are prepared).
- Assisting with mailings to landowners.
- Following up with landowners who expressed interest in TennGreen conservation programs.
- Assist with maintaining project and landowner contact records in Raisers Edge and track signage dispersal for conservation easements.
- Process mail and answer general phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, biology, conservation, outdoor education, environmental education, or related field.
- Professional field experience in related land conservation fields.
- General understanding of land use principles and land conservation issues.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and other mapping tools (preferred).
- Familiarity with the geography, natural resources, and culture of Tennessee.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and Adobe.
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to relate well and establish rapport with diverse audiences.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize projects.
- Sharp organizational skills.
- Ability to work across teams to achieve a common goal.
- High attention to detail.
Working Hours & Location: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with flexibility and occasional travel. The position will be located at TennGreen’s office at 1213 16th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212.
Salary & Benefits: The Land Conservation Coordinator is a full-time salaried position, with occasional evening and weekend work. Starting salary is $40,000 – $42,000 based on experience, with opportunities for annual performance-based salary increases. Benefits package includes optional health/dental/vision insurance and a retirement savings plan (with matching contributions after two years).
How to Apply
How to apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 31, 2022.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 02/01/2023
- Salary Range: 40000-42000
- Working Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm