Martha O'Bryan Center
K8 Tutor (Part – Time)
Martha O'Bryan Center
Tutors are responsible for providing hands-on support and assistance to students grades K – 8, including homework help and tutoring support in math, reading, and writing. Tutors also provide opportunities for students to express themselves through dance, STEP, art, athletics, science, and more
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Builds relationships with a small cohort of students.
- Provides hands-on academic assistance to students daily.
- Provides complementary homework help and foundational support daily.
- Helps each student achieve success by encouraging students to reach individual goals.
- Provides enrichment activities for students based on the tutor’s individual gifts and talents.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or currently enrolled in a degree program; degree in Education a plus.
- Experience teaching or tutoring children.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for working with young people.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
This is a part-time position at one of the following locations:
- (K-6th) Explore! Community School (M-TH, 3:15 – 6:15 pm)
- (K-4th) Martha O’Bryan Center, which serves KIPP-Kirkpatrick and East End Prep (M-TH, 4:00 – 7:00 pm)
- (K-4th) Tom Joy Elementary (M-F, 3:00 – 6:00 pm)
- (K-4th) Warner Performing Arts Magnet Elementary School (M-F, 3:40 – 6:10 pm)
- (5th-8th) Litton Middle School (M-F, 4:00 – 7:00 pm)
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $18.00