Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
This position will match client gifts, talent, and skills with corresponding business partner qualifications and expectations, and conduct regular follow-ups with employer and employee after recruitment to ensure placement is the ideal fit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Builds relationships with “best-fit” employers across industries to understand their needs and staffing requirements for current job vacancies.
- Ensures MOBC clients are qualified for in-demand and growth positions through proper training, education, and certifications.
- Works closely with employers during participants’ employment and assist in the resolution of job-related problems and report results to appropriate FSN team members.
- Assists Employment Specialist in guiding clients towards appropriate career ladders and lattices that contribute to client’s personal progression and professional goals.
- Actively makes effort to seek out and to maintain meaningful relationships with business and industry representatives and job placement agencies, post-secondary institutions and community organizations.
- Attends networking events, job fairs and makes cold calls to potential employers explaining benefits and employment support services provided to employers including addressing employers’ special needs.
- Works closely with FSN Employment Specialist, FSN Family Coaches, MOBC Re-Engagement Hub Coaches, and the rest of the FSN Network Team to ensure program and resources alignment.
- Collects Metropolitan Nashville Davidson County labor market information regarding trends, business and industry demands, technology needs, industry-recognized credentials and available and innovative training opportunities.
- Inputs necessary information into MOBC and partner databases, maintains confidential case files, documents progress and retention employment documentation.
- Utilizes data to inform programming and analyze program utilization, progress and effectiveness.
- Regularly reports program accomplishments and develop PR strategies for highlighting program success. Prepares and disseminates progress reports; communicates status on team participation, outputs, and outcomes.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Social Work, Career Counseling, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience working with hard to employ individuals facing multiple barriers to employment.
- Experience in assessing work experience, educational attainment, transferable skills, aptitudes, abilities, needs, interests, readiness for employment, and barriers that hinder employment.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
This position is elegible for benefits.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services