Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The mission of Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is to serve an empowered and united community in which the Deaf, deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing equally participate and are equally valued. We envision a world without barriers in which potential is unlimited and self-realization is possible. That’s been our commitment for 90 years, and we are as dedicated to this purpose today as we were in 1927. We currently serve Middle Tennessee, northern Alabama, and southern Kentucky. We are expanding to serve Shelby and surrounding counties in West Tennessee. Position
The Interpreting Scheduler (part-time) will be a strategic and critical support to our Interpreting Services department, answering phones, interacting with customers, and coordinating the scheduling of multiple interpreters for multiple customers. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a puzzle-solving mind, personable and outgoing, unflappable, and high energy.
Communicate regularly with interpreters (contracted and staff) in order to fulfill requests
Coordinate schedules of both staff and contract interpreters
Maintain online scheduling system and online hours to ensure accurate pay and billing.
Answer phone calls for the agency.
Provide new customers with agency policies and procedures.
Perform or ensure completion of customer confirmation calls.
Monitor feedback from the hearing, Deaf, and interpreting community and assist in finding solutions to any issues that may need to be addressed.
Engage in customer satisfaction duties as needed.
Maintain after-hours schedule for on-call interpreters.
Provide exceptional customer service to those the agency serves.
Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with requesting entities.
Have a working knowledge of ADA as it applies to the D/deaf, deaf-blind, and hard of hearing communities.
Other duties as assigned.
• Experience as an office manager, receptionist, scheduler, or administrative assistant.
• Willingness to learn.
• Knowledge of office responsibilities, systems and procedures.
• Proficiency in MS Office; strong written English skills.
• Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers).
• Familiarity with email scheduling tools, including Outlook calendars and scheduling databases.
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
• A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
• Conversational fluency in ASL preferred.
• Experience with the Deaf and/or hard of hearing communities.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
• Ability to function as part of a team and to take direction while also being able to work independently.
• Strong sense of professionalism, self-awareness, respect, courtesy, common sense, humor, and grit.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will not be considered unless all requested elements are provided. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: October 5, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services