Intern – Paid
About UrbanPromise Nashville
Our mission is to show the love of Jesus to refugees by helping them heal, learn, and direct their own future for good. Our vision is three-fold: Reach a Child, Raise a Leader, Restore Community. UrbanPromise reaches younger refugee children through afterschool and summer programs and employs high school refugees (called “StreetLeaders”) who serve as mentors and counselors in these programs. Our ultimate goal is to raise a new generation of indigenous Christian leaders that is determined to make Nashville a fully integrated city where social, spiritual, and economic capital flow between neighborhoods.
UrbanPromise Nashville invites passionate college-students or recent graduates to apply for a part-time Intern position. There are 2-3 intern positions available for the Fall ‘22 season. Internship is from September 6th – May 15th (the exact dates may shift).
Related majors include: Education, Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Communication, Graphic Design, Social Work, Counseling, Faith and Justice, Ministry, International Studies
Depending on the skills set and major of the intern, he/she will be responsible for:
- Fulfilling tasks set out by supervisors.
- Attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Performing research at a supervisor’s request.
- Updating social media platforms and writing copy for posts.
- Creating images for social media posts.
- Lesson planning
- Leading a lesson for elmentary school students
- Riding the bus home with students
- Supporting students individually
- College student or recent graduate
- Demonstrates initiative, responsibility, and resourcefulness
- Experience or willingness to work with children and adult students of diverse populations
- Enthusiasm for the mission and vision of UPN
- Good judgment and professional behavior
- Regular, punctual attendance and attention to all responsibilities
- Confidentiality in dealing with student information
- Ability to communicate effectively with both children and students
The start date for intern positions is on or close to September 2nd, 2022.
10-20 hours per week (ideal but not required)
Exposure into the world of nonprofit work
Hands-on, immersive experience
How to Apply
In order to be considered for the teacher opening, please email your resume to Shawna Sheahen at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jonathan Sheahen at email@example.com In the email, explain your interest in working for UPN. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Date Posted: August 11, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/02/2022
- Salary Range: 500-1000
- Working Hours: 10-20