Catholic Charities of TN
Intake Specialist- North Nashville (McGruder) Family Resource Center
Catholic Charities of TN
The McGruder/North Nashville Family Resource Center is looking for an Intake Specialist will assist program clients by meeting with them to assess needs, identifying barriers to current situation and complete appropriate intake forms. The Intake Specialist will also assist in assembling food boxes and work with outside resources, such as Second Harvest, to order, receive and assemble food boxes. This is a full time, hourly position working the Family Resource Center location at 2013 25th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37208.
- Provides needs-related screening and processing of program applicants and clients, as required within assigned programs.
- Schedules or assists in scheduling necessary client appointments to access services.
- Refers applicants and clients to community resources as needed.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of required paperwork and maintains accurate client files as required by program funding.
- Assists manager and staff with office calendar, tracking events for facility and schedule for partners to use facility.
- Interacts with staff members to provide expertise and assistance in resolving client issues, developing opportunities for clients, and enhancing client skill.
- Provides excellent customer service to all clients.
- Maintains ordering of food to keep food pantry stocked and available for clients.
- Works schedule as established to accommodate business hours and project services.
- Submits reports as directed by management.
- Assists in making sure all necessary office supplies are available.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two year’s work experience in a related field. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to plan and organize work, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and stock shelves, as necessary.
- Willingness to assist with emergent needs when requested.
- Flexibility with work schedule and responding to partner and client needs.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Kenya Stinson-Sanders at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: October 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk