Sexual Assault Center
Intake Assistant Paid Internship
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: To coordinate the initial contact of individuals requesting SAC services with a trauma-informed approach
Reports to: Clinical Director
Timeline: February 2023-June 30, 2023
- To be the first point of contact for all potential Clients and referral sources: answering the phone; scheduling Orientation Visits with the Client Navigator, Clinical Interns and Advocates; and updating Client records to insure the most timely and appropriate assignment of Clients as possible.
- To maintain and update the call log; To collect and record all incoming referrals as they enter SAC via fax, email, phone, etc., and transfer to Clinical or Advocacy services as appropriate; To maintain appropriate and thorough documentation
- To use a trauma-informed approach to collect basic background information for all clients over the phone and screen for initial appropriateness of SAC services
- To maintain close working relationships with key referral sources
- To respond to crisis and walk-in clients/individuals as needed; provide back-up support to the Client Navigator in this responsibility
- To participate in regularly scheduled supervision and weekly Intake Team Meetings
- To assist with filing Client PHI
- Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred
- Enrollment in an accredited Bachelors of Master’s program such as Social Work, Psychology, Social Justice or other relevant major.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide caring, empathetic support, guidance, primary assessment, and crisis counseling to sexual assault survivors and family members
- Comfort level hearing and responding to trauma stories.
- Ability to self-start and complete assignments and projects as assigned.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and dependability
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently.
- Ability to assess a client’s level of functioning and appropriateness for outpatient services
- Knowledge of Community Resources and Referral Sources
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Tennessee Confidentiality Laws
This is a part-time paid internship position.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Clinical Director at email@example.com.
The Sexual Assault Center is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other prioritized populations.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 25 hours/week