Insurance Claims Specialist
Nashville CARES is looking for ambitious individuals who have a solid work ethic, are independently driven, and possess strong analytical skills. Are you interested in using your skills to support individuals living with HIV? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Process insurance related documentation accurately and timely and consistent with program guidelines.
- Verify vendor and payment details with insurance companies.
- Process new enrollee and closure requests.
- Maintain database to accurately track and manage payments and client data.
- Handle incoming calls from Case Managers, clients, and insurance companies with the goal of managing the program’s Issue Resolution Process.
- Maintain documentation in client charts and database of contacts with clients, Case Managers, and Insurance companies.
- Actively participate in team meetings to ensure a broad understanding of program processes and facilitate process improvement.
- Actively participate in cross-training activities to facilitate understanding of departmental processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in insurance billing/benefits administration
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Superior verbal, written, customer service and analytical skills
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance
Undergraduate degree and/or some college coursework a plus
Experience working with clients in HIV/AIDS social services setting
Knowledge of healthcare environment
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 13 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration for this position.
- Date Posted: March 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services