Insurance Claims Specialist
Nashville CARES is looking for ambitious individuals who have a solid work ethic, are independently driven, and possess strong analytical skills. Are you interested in using your skills to support individuals living with HIV? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Process insurance related documentation accurately and timely and consistent with program guidelines.
- Verify vendor and payment details with insurance companies.
- Process new enrollee and closure requests.
- Maintain database to accurately track and manage payments and client data.
- Interact with Case Managers, clients, insurance companies as needed.
- Maintain documentation in client charts and database of contacts with clients, Case Managers, and Insurance companies.
- Actively participate in team meetings to ensure a broad understanding of program processes and facilitate process improvement.
- Actively participate in cross-training activities to facilitate understanding of departmental processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in claims processing, insurance billing, benefits administration
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships
- Superior verbal, written, customer service and analytical skills
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and automobile liability insurance
- Undergraduate degree and/or some college coursework
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
- Experience working with clients in HIV/AIDS social services setting
- Knowledge of healthcare environment
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid holiday and time off policy (up to 27 PTO days accrued in first year) and more.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk