Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
Information Technology Instructor
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s mission is to change lives through education, training, and employment.
The Information Technology Instructor is responsible for providing Information Technology training programs to Goodwill clients and employees. These programs currently include Google IT Support Professional Certificate and Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate training. Other IT training programs may be added. This position will develop lesson plans, deliver training and provide other related services to assigned clients, employees, and customers to enable them to improve their Information Technology skills and to prepare students and graduates for employment in the IT industry
- Design and develop appropriate computer instructional material to include lab sessions and hands on practice.
- Deliver Information Technology training and facilitate peer-learning sessions in a positive manner that stimulates learning and encourages student participation, promotes interpersonal skills development, and communication skills to common to the industry.
- Evaluate student performance and maintain measurements of student progress toward student learning outcomes through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained.
- Provide timely feedback to participants related to in-class instruction and progress.
- Offer one-on-one support to students as they progress in the training program and post-graduation.
- Regularly confers with the Manager of Training and Certification Programs, Director of Mission Integration, and the Director of Workforce Development to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, company initiatives and technologies.
- Directs structured learning experiences and performs evaluations and re-designs all training, as necessary, and continuously ensures they meet the standards set forth by the department.
- Assists in organizing enrollment of clients and employees; assembles necessary training materials.
- Stays abreast of new trends and tools in adult learning.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies and procedures as well as legal requirements at all times.
- Regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance and must be able to travel using their personal vehicle to the assigned locations.(Mileage reimbursement)
- Works independently and a with a sense of initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in technology fundamentals, operating systems, networking, IT security, IT Automation and coding experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience in technology fundamentals, operating systems, networking, security, IT Automation and Python Coding.
- Should already have achieved the Comp TIA A+ certification (1000 series preferred) or Google IT Support Professional Certificate , Network+, and have relevant professional experience in IT Automation and Python Coding.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Proven success in prior teaching experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and value diversity in the workplace.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to teach and train students in a traditional classroom and virtual classroom setting.
- Excellent presentation skills. Must have good interpersonal and observational skills to assess employees’ and clients; understanding and progress, and make any necessary adjustments to the training.
- Must have good analytical and planning skills to assess training needs and develop/adapt programs to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well with, and present training to a variety of people with different learning styles.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Word & PowerPoint software.
- Proficient in Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Proficient in technology fundamentals, networking, operating systems, security, IT Automation and coding, preferably Python.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to relate in a professional, courteous manner to other facility staff, within and outside of Goodwill.
- Ability to provide monthly reports of training activities and accomplishments.
Certifications and Licenses
- CompTIA A+ certification (1000 series preferred) or Google IT Support Professional Certificate, Network+ Certifications
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related field, or experience in related functions and/or industries may be considered as a substitute.
- Experience in technology fundamentals, operating systems, networking, IT security, IT Automation and coding experience, Python preferred.
- Experience with curriculum development, public speaking/seminar leader is preferred.
- Experience in providing training and services to customers is preferred.
- Must be student focused and work well without close supervision, strong attention to detail, and the ability to connect with a wide variety of students.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
How to Apply
Apply on our website:
- Date Posted: September 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm