End Slavery Tennessee
Human Resources & Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Manager
End Slavery Tennessee
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: ESTN is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization. Adopted by ESTN at its founding, the Mission, Vision and Values describe who we are and the beliefs which animate our actions. Compulsory agreement with this statement is not a condition of employment. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors in an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. The mission of End Slavery Tennessee is to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront slavery in our state. We are an agency focused on professional excellence that emphasizes equity for all persons.
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Administration
JOB SUMMARY: The HR and DEI Manager will perform a wide variety of human resources management, equity and inclusion duties, and administrative functions. The work environment will focus on an inclusive team – all working towards the mission, value, and vision of the organization. In order to bring equity and inclusion to the fore of our goals and strategic operations, we are seeking a person who will add leadership around diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
40 hours per week, typically 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday. Willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as required to accomplish the job.
SERVICE AREA & TRAVEL:
End Slavery Tennessee covers 41 counties throughout middle Tennessee. Routine day travel will be required at times and mileage reimbursed. Occasional overnight travel for trainings and meetings may be necessary.
KEY HR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process payroll twice a month through Intuit (or another similar payroll system).
- Maintain online employee management systems such as PlanMyLeave and Bambee, etc.
- Oversee employee benefits for the organization and employees (life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, Aflac, etc.).
- Oversee hiring and staffing agency-wide:
- Recruit, hire, onboard/offboard ESTN employees and interns.
- Oversee EEOC compliance agency-wide.
- Assist Resident Manager with scheduling and overseeing residential staff and maintaining appropriate staffing levels 24/7.
- Ensure background checks and drug screens are run and up to date for employees, interns, and needed volunteers.
- Work with Directors and CEO to implement, oversee, and manage employee evaluations, IDP’s and Job Plans, and job requirements and descriptions.
- Oversee and upgrade human resources functions as needed.
- Update employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and procedures on an annual basis in accordance with ESTN’s strategic plan.
- Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures when needed.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results and performance by assisting managers with coaching employees, strengths-based performance management, hearing and resolving employee grievances, and counseling employees and supervisor.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing all applicable federal and state requirements.
KEY DEI RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion policies, programs, and procedures according to best practices and ESTN’s strategic plan.
- Ensure internal and external communications are inclusive and promote equity and sensitivity around racial, gender, sexual orientation, and other issues.
- Serve as a consultant with management team advising them on HR and DEI issues and keep all staff trained and educated on the latest legal, DEI, and HR workplace standards.
- Advise, coach, and train on all DEI matters throughout the organization and use benchmarking to ensure forward progress is being made according to the strategic plan.
- Continually assess agency policies to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization.
**Interaction with survivors of human trafficking while working from the office should be expected. ESTN follows a trauma-responsive and strengths-based approach to the work environment. Training will be provided on trauma-informed care each year. Empathy, compassion, and ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for staff at ESTN.
- Attend meetings in the community, as deemed appropriate and useful.
- Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by Director of Finance and Administration, CEO, or the Board HR Committee
- Duties may be adjusted to meet organizational needs.
- Brief Development team with information on progress related to DEI matters to ensure transparency with community, donors, and grantees.
Primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, and walking. Work will be a combination of in office and at home. Most work performed while sitting and on the computer, phone, and face-to-face with clients. Occasional car travel required.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
- CEO, staff, board, and volunteers of ESTN
- Referred clientele
- Law enforcement at all levels
- Service providers at partner agencies
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, labor relations, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a human resources or related role.
- Ability to explain and communicate human resource concepts to staff and management and collaborate with board HR Committee.
- Experience in managing payroll and benefits.
- People-oriented with ability to relate well to diverse populations.
- Ability to multi-task and deal well with interruptions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors and employees.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing and excel.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, ESTN’s board of directors, and staff.
- Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify ESTN’s core values.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $38,000-44,000 annual salary based on a combination of education and experience.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual applicants may qualify for additional pay incentives.
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- Cell phone stipend – $60/ month.
- $150.00/ month for therapy.
- Therapy required for direct service staff, encouraged for all staff.
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 10 paid holidays.
- 4 floating holidays.
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance.
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions. Eligible after 6 months of employment.
- Yearly raises as approved by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position.
Fax: (615) 806-6994
PO Box 160069 Nashville, TN 37216-0069
- Date Posted: April 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/31/2021
- Salary Range: $38,000-$44,000
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:00pm