Sexual Assault Center
Human Resources Coordinator
Sexual Assault Center
The Sexual Assault Center (SAC) is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) to assist with daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department. The primary purpose of the HRC is to perform HR related duties working closely with the VP of HR in the areas of onboarding, payroll, training, performance management, policy implementation, and reporting. This position is responsible for providing a variety of HR activities in support of the center’s operations as well as providing assistance and advice to employees and leadership.
- This role provides administrative support to life cycle recruiting, new hire orientation, record/file maintenance, payroll, and employment verifications.
- Conduct biweekly processing of payroll records and 401k payments, maintaining all electronic HR files, and processing updates in the payroll system.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately (e.g., reference checks, background checks, interview documents, and I-9 verification).
- Assist with recruitment processes to obtain qualified candidates in compliance with all local, state, federal laws, company policies, practices, and standards.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple processes or tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with facilitation of trainings and provide guidance associated with each step of the performance management life cycle (goal setting, mid-year check ins, and year-end reviews)
- Answers questions from applicants, employees, and leadership related to policies, benefits, hiring processes; refer more complex questions to the VP of HR.
- Ability to effectively correspond with formal written letters, emails, reports, and on social media.
- Contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of HR’s service levels by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of the HR team.
- Ability to communicate with others to convey information successfully.
- Provide timely assistance to management and employees inquiries and offer guidance on how to appropriately handle and resolve their questions, concern(s) or issue(s).
- Prepare and distribute monthly birthday and work anniversary emails to employees.
- Assist President and CEO with administrative and other reasonable job duties as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty adequately.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of professional human resources or administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Position requires a solid knowledge of human resources topics to successfully communicate with all employees.
- Ability to plan effectively and efficiently respond to changing demands.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism in all situations.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, organize effectively, and prioritize work from multiple sources.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather and summarize data for reports and find solutions to various HR initiatives.
- The ability to execute directives with consistency.
- Project management and time management skills are required.
- Previous experience as human resources assistant or similar role.
- Proficient use or knowledge of Paychex.
- Associate degree in human resources or related field.
- Ability to use virtual meeting software e.g., Zoom, WebEx, and Teams.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- Reports to: Vice President of Human Resources.
- Job Type: Part-time (25 hours per week).
- Pay: $24.00 per hour.
- Schedule: Monday to Friday (flexible hours between 9:00 am – 8:00 pm EST).
- Location: This is a hybrid position.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Dr. Kay J. Morgan, VP of Human Resources email@example.com
- Date Posted: July 6, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 24.00
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday (flexible hours between 9:00 am – 8:00 pm EST)