Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Human Resources Administrative Specialist
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for a variety of human resources and administrative support activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as primary contact for the Human Resources telephone Helpline, HRHelp email, and HRPerfMgmt email.
- Maintains an agency Fiscal Payment Card, which includes making payments for various agency purchases, and reconciliation of payment card statements.
- Assists and supports the Training Coordinator as needed.
- Serves as an administrative back-up for Human Resources as directed, including payroll, recruitment, learning and development activities, and onboarding of new employees,
- Serves as administrative back-up for the federal E-Verify program; inputs I-9 information for new hires into the E-Verify system.
- Maintains employee and position information in various HR information systems (HRIS) (Edison, Talent Quest, Taleo).
- Creates personnel file folders for new hires; ensures required documentation is complete prior to filing, to include review of all documents for completeness; follows up with employees to obtain any missing information.
- Processes documentation for employee separations, both voluntary and involuntary, including updating on-line data, ensuring that all termination steps are completed, preparing personnel files, and forwarding the official personnel file to the State’s Department of Human Resources; handles unemployment compensation claims.
- Assists Coordinators with various recruiting activities to include, but not limited to, posting positions, scheduling and confirming interviews, creating interview packets, notifying building security of interview schedules, processing new hires, internal transfers, separations, etc
- Communicates with the Information Technology (IT), Operations, and Internal Audit divisions regarding new hires and staff position changes, including temporary employees.
- Handles new employee parking tags.
- Enters all new hires into Edison; may update Edison as changes are needed, such as name changes, position changes, reporting changes, salary changes, etc.
- Maintains and audits employee files, ensuring confidentiality, documentation and accuracy.
- Responds to employment verifications.
- Maintains accurate organizational charts.
- Orders supplies for the division.
- Coordinates agency service awards.
- Creates reports and documents as requested by the Director, Assistant Director or the Human Resources Advisor.
- Coordinates ordering flowers for employees within stated guidelines, and processes related invoices for payment.
- Handles a variety of other administrative activities for the division, including filing, copying, and mail distribution.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year Human Resources experience preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive employee and organizational information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: August 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,365