Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
The HR Generalist works with the MOBC Human Resources team in the planning and execution of a full range of human resources programs and processes, including benefits administration, employee engagement, internal communication, training and professional development, recruitment, compliance, and data management. This position conducts a range of both transactional as well as strategic project-based work, all in pursuit of an employee-oriented, high performance culture.
Salary: $55,000 annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the Human Resources team to develop human resources strategies by identifying and researching issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations.
- Recommends, designs and maintains human resources systems that meet the needs of employees, managers, and functional departments.
- Develops and refines policies, procedures, and practices on HR-related matters.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to personnel matters.
- In partnership with insurance broker, administers and explains benefits to employees; serves as liaison between employees and insurance broker.
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Recommends, develops and maintains human resource databases and leverages HRIS data for problem solving and planning.
- Actively participates in meetings with stakeholders to identify needs of the organization and employees.
- Stays current in industry trends and regulatory compliance through workshops, newsletters, conferences, and affiliation with industry organizations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is a benefits elegible position.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Other