Mercy Community Healthcare
HR Generalist – Entry Level
Mercy Community Healthcare
Mercy Community Healthcare is looking for an enthusiastic entry level Human Resources Generalist who can thrive in a fast-paced, non-profit organization. As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for assisting our leaders and managers with the tactical deployment of HR strategies to meet business objectives.
Our HRG will be responsible for assisting in the completion of various HR-related projects including, but are not limited to, employee onboarding, filing, database management, communication planning, etc.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable performing a wide range of tasks including both administrative and tactical tasks.
Qualifications You would be a good candidate if you:
- Have a degree or are currently majoring in human resources, management or a related field (junior/senior or recent graduate)
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Have problem-solving, and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have an ability to convey compelling messages, both in person and in writing
- Love planning & organizing, and have excellent attention to detail
- Are able to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to work with the team to achieve the HR departmental goals
You would be a better candidate if you:
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in a human resource and/or staffing environment.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in HR, labor relations
- Are passionate about developing and sustaining a positive work culture that creates a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Are committed to conducting yourself with integrity and share & demonstrate our company’s values and philosophies through every interaction
- You must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in a college or university.
- This position may require some travel.
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: June 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services