Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville
Following Agency guidelines and contract specifications, this position provides holistic case management services for families experiencing homelessness and those at risk of being homeless with a goal that every family establishes permanent housing, remains housed, and becomes self-sufficient.
- Maintains a caseload of 5-6 families enrolled into program.
- Provides holistic and comprehensive case management services to all clients including: intake assessments, goal setting, long-term action plan development, progress monitoring, budgeting, advocacy and referrals.
- Meets with family on a regular basis for 3-8 months on average. During the first 3 months a majority of follow-up meetings should be held in person rather than over the telephone.
- Maintains a Housing Referral Caseload referred by case managers.
- Connects families with needed and available community resources. Follows up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
- Inputs accurate and complete data for all interactions with clients into Agency database.
- Ensures that all documents submitted on behalf of a client are valid.
- Communicates regularly with Case Managers, Housing Coordinator, and landlords to support families in the housing search, or tenancy.
- Participates in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accepts responsibility for developing a cohesive and positive team culture.
- Track housing updates for each client on salesforce, regularly updating information to ensure that program team is able to daily track client housing progress.
- Provide ongoing advice, expertise, consultation and technical assistance to FEP Team on housing matters.
- Match clients’ needs and goals to available units, taking into account clients’ preference for unit type, safety of area, housing conditions, and proximity to employment opportunities.
- Works with the Housing Coordinator to get the inspect the unit, get the lease.
- Process move-in packets (welcome/approval letter, copy of lease, FEP Financial Agreement, Landlord Letter) for referred and caseload clients approved for housing.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, and professional code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Housing Services Coordinator
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in working with persons in crisis.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to motivate other toward achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently, task oriented, and with a strong sense of focus, with acceptance of supervision as needed. Also must be able to work effectively with others.
- Ability to convey non-judgmental and open personal qualities with a clear sense of boundaries.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality concerning clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ability to interpret the Agency to the community in a positive manner.
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics of the Social Work Profession.
- Flexibility relative to prioritization due to changing client circumstances and needs.
- Good general health, emotional stability, and personal integrity.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in order to keep records, communicate within and outside of the Agency, and organize pertinent data and program materials.
- Regular work attendance.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
How to Apply
To apply click the link: Apply Here
- Date Posted: August 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000