Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Housing Program Coordinator – Homeless Programs
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
HOUSING PROGRAM COORDINATOR – HOMELESS PROGRAMS
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Community Programs
Reports to: Director of Community Programs
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 32
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,710
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Administers and monitors the Emergency Solutions Grants program and other programs as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements, administers, and monitors assigned programs, including program design, application review, funding recommendations, contract issuance, payment review, reporting, and grant closeout.
- Reviews and scores applications, assists in preparation of related contracts and contract attachments, reviews payment requests and reports for compliance, and processes grantee pay requests.
- Assists in policy interpretation and implementation.
- Provides technical assistance to grantees, non-profits, and other interested parties, including customers looking for program assistance.
- Conducts monitoring visits and prepares monitoring reports.
- Assists in the development of program manuals, program descriptions, and policies.
- Analyzes and reviews state statutory and regulatory policies as they relate to assigned programs.
- Prepares required reports for submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or other entities as assigned.
- Enters data into and generates reports from federal and state mandated tracking systems.
- Recommends policy clarifications and revisions to Lead Coordinator for Homeless Programs and Director.
- Researches specific policy issues as requested.
- Participates in Division workshops, including making presentations on relevant topic areas.
- Assists in the training of new staff and partner agency personnel.
- Works collaboratively within and across Divisions to support implementation of assigned programs and other Division programs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required; relevant post-high school certification preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- One year of experience in housing program delivery, housing policy, and/or grants management.
- Experience working in a federal, state, or local housing or social service program, including grant administration, implementation of activities of a local Continuum of Care or local program serving the homeless, policy development, city and regional planning, or other related housing field.
- Experience in the administration of the Federal Emergency Solutions Grants program or other HUD funding programs for the homeless is preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of local implementation of a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is a plus.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of federal or state housing programs.
- Experience with accurate entry of data into the federal Integrated Disbursement and Information System or the ability to learn this process quickly.
- Skills in grant administration or the ability to quickly become proficient in this area.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with agency staff and the public in giving and obtaining information.
- Treats people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Computer literate: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel, including overnight travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 3,710