Host Home Coordinator
Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came together to establish the “Rap House,” a simple community center for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years later, the “Rap House” has evolved into the Oasis Center, where nearly 4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based on the foundation of four areas for youth success: Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity.
Right now, our agency is growing – so if you have talent and skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make a career in making a difference, please consider joining our incredible Oasis Center team.
Vision: to live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
Position: Host Home Program Coordinator
Summary: To actively participate in the Crisis to Housing continuum at Oasis Center. This role is primarily responsible for providing coordination of the Host Home Program through recruiting, onboarding, and continued support of hosts as well as the oversight of the placement process and coordination of youth services and supports.
- Oversee host application process, including screening, written applications, interviews, background checks, home visits, and reference checks for potential hosts.
- Actively recruit and screen hosts who align with Oasis Center’s mission, goals, and values.
- Provide diligent outreach and recruitment efforts to ensure a diverse pool of potential hosts, including marginalized communities that reflect the young people Oasis Center serves.
- Coordinate with the Crisis to Housing team to oversee youth referrals to the Host Home Program and ensure the matching process is youth-driven and equitable.
- Provide weekly and monthly host support programming and continued education/training opportunities. This will require work hour flexibility, working during evening hours and on weekends.
- Represent Oasis Center in the community to educate about RHSY and Host Home programs.
- Ensure youth involved in the Host Home Program are given opportunities for program feedback and design involvement.
- Provide in-real time training, advocacy and education to hosts throughout the course of their hosting eligibility.
- Conduct home visits with Crisis to Housing case managers to ensure safety of current host living situations.
- Actively manage, analyze and assess program progress and target areas. Use data and youth voice to make decisions and course correct as necessary.
- Apply and integrate relevant strategies and philosophies such as Positive Youth Development and Trauma-Informed Care into all aspects of program facilitation and host education
- Oversee Jesuit Volunteer Corps program requirements and yearly application
- Provide supervision and coordination for yearly Jesuit Volunteer staff
- As needed work in the outreach center including answering buzzers, providing crisis management and meals and supplies to youth.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Strong grasp of federal, state and city regulations and trends in services for homeless youth
- Bachelor’s degree or three years relevant experience.
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with youth – including LGBTQ+ youth
- Hold a clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Understanding of local efforts to coordinate homeless services (CoC, HID, CE, Housing Navigation)
- Health Insurance
- Free employee only dental coverage
- Free employee only vision coverage
- 401K + up to 3% match
- Free Life Insurance Policy
- Free LTD policy
- PTO + 11 Holidays including birthday and Juneteenth
- Paid Parental Leave
How to Apply
Procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Courtney Berner at email@example.com
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, ability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Date Posted: October 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40K-45K