Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Homebuyer Education Initiative Specialist
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
HOMEBUYER EDUCATION INITIATIVE SPECIALIST
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Single Family Loan Operations
Reports to: Homebuyer Education Initiative Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides technical support to the overall administration of the Homebuyer Education Initiative (HBEI).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the HBEI Database to include class and client pipeline, data and activity reports, web trainer list and web calendar of HBEI class schedules.
- Communicates with Consumers, Lenders, Realtors and Homebuyer Education trainers as needed.
- Assist HUD clients through triage and intake process and work directly with HUD counselors to ensure all required documents are ready for a counseling session
- Provides internal quality assurance for HUD files and client management system data to enhance compliance
- Assists HBEI Payments & Reporting Coordinator with annual HUD sub-grantee and affiliate monitoring audits and frequent quality control measures to ensure compliance.
- Assists in promoting the importance of HBEI education throughout the state by serving as a resource to answer questions, responding to inquiries, and explaining program aspects, including during various training sessions such as those presented by other THDA staff.
- Participates in THDA training presentations related to HBEI through state, county and local resources or venues.
- Maintains trainer identification list.
- Assists with the State of Tennessee Employee Partnership Initiative (STEP IN) program, including communicating with consumers to provide discount codes and preparing reports.
- Maintains all THDA HBEI Program Guide Changes to include internal policies, procedures and forms to ensure compliance with the HUD Office of Housing Counseling
- Remains current with industry standards for HBE; identifies areas for improvement and communicates these to manager for consideration.
- Provides additional support to Single Family staff as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Experience in Homeownership program activities, including homebuyer education and counseling, mortgage loan origination, lending and/or post-purchase activities; minimum of two years of experience preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to think critically, plan and organize details in order to carry out projects and coordinate events.
- Knowledge of the Homebuyer Education standards.
- Knowledge of non-profit Homebuyer Education organizational structures and operations.
- Familiarity in the practice of mortgage loan origination.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to adjust to frequent procedural change.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and ability to drive.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
State of Tennessee positions that may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license
- For the past five years, the candidate’s driving record must not have record of the following violations: driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving violations, more than 4 moving violations
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: July 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $3,365