HIV Services Case Manager
Are you passionate about your work, but need the support and flexibility to sustain your personal life and responsibilities? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your skills in social services, build experience to help you achieve your career goals, and work with an awesome team? Do you enjoy addressing complex challenges by collaborating with clients and with your team?
Nashville CARES is seeking candidates to provide comprehensive case management services to people living with HIV. Our agency serves clients from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. It is an excellent place for social services professionals who want to engage in the totality of a client’s life, not just one or two specialty areas. This position provides opportunities for growth within the agency and also serves as an excellent chance to build skills as a social service professional to support you throughout your career in the field. This position is currently a combination of work from home and field work, so candidates must be able to visit clients in the greater Nashville area on a regular basis. Due to the variable nature of the agency’s work, staff are encouraged to work with their supervisor to tailor a work schedule that best fits their needs and those of the clients. The ideal person for this position will have experience in case management, enjoy working with a team and independently, have excellent problem-solving skills, and be able to balance compassion and boundaries in their work. At Nashville CARES, we believe as strongly in an actual work-life balance as we do in our mission and are seeking candidates who feel as strongly about both as we do.
Please submit your resume and a COVER LETTER explaining why you are specifically interested in this position to be considered.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive, integrated case management services specifically targeted to address the changing, challenging, and complex needs of individuals living with HIV
- Meet regularly with clients in the office, in client’s homes, and in the community to conduct comprehensive assessments of individual need, and provide assistance and advocacy regarding medical, social, community, financial, and other needed services
- Based on clients’ identified needs, establish a plan to ensure clients can more easily access medical care, substance use treatment services, oral health care, mental health services, and support services, such as transportation, housing, and public benefits
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients to promote a partnership in achieving client goals
- Work proactively and independently, and as a team with other Case Managers, to offer individualized care for each client
- Coordinate with a network of care providers to help clients achieve improved health outcomes
- Exchange feedback and support with team members, as needed
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and with work to support excellent service provision while preserving self-care
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing community based social or health care services. A supervised BSW/MSW internship may be considered for one year.
- Proficiency with a variety of technology, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), electronic health records (training provided), and general Windows PC and cell phone technology
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or other Human Services degree
- Community-based case management experience
- Experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and a full range of local community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (starting at over 5 weeks per year, increasing over time with length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $35,000-$38,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk