Family & Children's Service
Healthcare Access Specialist – Chattanooga, TN
Family & Children's Service
The Healthcare Access Specialist will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and execute hand-offs between relevant entities. Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred. Travel is required.
This position will serve the Chattanooga area, candidate must live in this area.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete Federal Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
• Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits.
• Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options.
• Work independently, traveling throughout designated service area and providing services in various locations as needed.
• Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality.
• Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
• Provide assistance and input, creating various materials for the Navigator Program.
• Assess, identify and evaluate needs of consumers who call or attend events to determine eligibility. Assist those who are eligible, refer others as appropriate.
• Determine if clients are potentially eligible for TennCare, CoverKids or Marketplace plans and assist clients in applying for such programs as appropriate.
• Identify and refer clients not eligible for health insurance to the FCS Health Assist program, or those with Medicare to SHIP.
• Provide follow up as needed to successfully complete the enrollment process for TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace plans.
• Assess callers’ needs, facilitate problem-solving with callers and make accurate referrals to appropriate community agencies, programs and services.
• Attend training and briefings on TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace coverage; and fulfill annual continuing education requirements for state renewal each year.
• Maintain documentation of clients in a clear, precise and timely manner.
• Reach out to those in the Community for outreach efforts, project marketing and special presentations as needed.
• Meet outreach, education, enrollment assistance, and enrollment goals as outlined.
• Keep calendars up to date with outreach and enrollment events, as well as education presentations.
• Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
• Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a health care field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment, and experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred.
Position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
- Date Posted: March 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services