Head Start Director
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency
The Head Start/Early Head Start Director is responsible for overall program operation and administration.
SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Provides the administrative leadership, management, and supervision necessary to assure appropriate
a. Program planning
I. Strategic planning
1. Community Assessment and analysis
2. Performance assessment and analysis
3. Training needs assessment and analysis
4. Child outcome assessment and analysis
5. Program self-assessment and analysis
b. Effective and efficient program implementation
c. Monitor and evaluation of service delivery systems
d. Systems are aligned with the Head Start Performance Standards and Management Systems
e. Continuing program evaluation consistent with Head Start Performance Standards, administrative/fiscal regulations, and local policies and procedures
2. Designs, implements, and monitors
a. A financial management system which assures necessary and appropriate budget planning, including amendments and revisions
b. Purchasing and payment
c. Records of expenditures
d. Expenditure forecasting
e. Time and attendance, leave, payroll and fringe benefit systems
f. Equipment procurement and inventory
g. Fiscal management records and reporting necessary to assure and documents agency’s compliance with federal fiscal regulations and Head Start Program Performance Standards.
3. Develops, manages, and monitors personnel systems for employees
a. Recruitment, selection, hiring
b. Training, and performance management
in compliance with Head Start, federal, state, and local regulations, and local policies and procedures.
4. Responsible for leadership, direction, training, technical assistance, and organizational support necessary for effective parent and community involvement in the Head Start program ensuring shared governance through
a. Policy Council
b. Community Action Agency Board
c. Community and Board representation
d. Center Parent Committees
e. Component Advisory Committees
5. Designs, implements, and monitors a Head Start Management Information System which supports the documentation, recordkeeping and reporting requirements necessary to assure compliance with applicable program, fiscal, procedural standards and regulations.
6. Serves as an advocate for Head Start families when necessary.
7. Plans, implements, and monitors the recruitment children for the Head Start and Early Head Start Programs.
8. Responsible for developing and maintaining community partner relationships including LEA’s, Part B, and Part C providers.
9. Attend and participate in meetings, work groups, team meetings, committees, workshops, individual training and training conferences as assigned, which may include local, state, regional and national groups.
10. Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with local agencies and organizations, public officials, and local government.
11. Work to obtain volunteer and in-kind contributions for the Agency.
a. Ensure all Non-federal share is met
12. Comply with Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency Policies and Procedures, all Head Start Performance Standards, and Mid-Cumberland Head Start Operations Manual, and other applicable Early Childhood Standards such as DHS Licensing Standards, CACFP, TN Department of Health, and NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
13. Reviews and recommends revisions to Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency’s Personnel and Finance Policies and Procedures when necessary to align with Head Start Program Performance Standards.
a. Assures all changes to agency and Head Start policies are submitted to the Head Start Policy Council for review and approval prior to approval and implementation.
14. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education: B. S. in Early Childhood Education, Child and Family Studies, Educational Administration, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of seven years of Head Start or equivalent experience and five years administrative experience.
100% Employer Paid Health insurance for employee.
Dental, Vision Insurance
Annual & Sick Leave
How to Apply
Please apply via indeed:
- Date Posted: August 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2020
- Working Hours: 40