Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police
Handle With Care Statewide Coordinator
Tennessee Association of Chiefs of Police
The TACP is in search of a Statewide Coordinator to continue to develop and implement the Handle with Care Program throughout Tennessee.
Handle With Care Program (HWC)
The HWC program promotes safe and supportive schools and communities to protect children, and help traumatized children heal and thrive. HWC promotes school-community partnerships aimed at ensuring that children who are exposed to adverse or traumatic experiences in their home, school or community receive appropriate interventions to help them achieve academically at their highest ability in spite of whatever traumatic circumstances they may have endured. The ultimate goal of HWC is to help students to succeed in school. Regardless of the source of trauma, the common thread for effective intervention is the school.
This program provides an opportunity for the law enforcement community and school personnel and school systems to work together to provide a safe environment for children exposed to adverse experiences and is an excellent way to provide non-evasive assistance by alerting school officials of a child’s adverse exposure (ACE) without violating their privacy. The TACP has secured funding to work collaboratively to implement the HWC program statewide.
The Statewide Coordinator for the Handle With Care Program plans, coordinates, and assists with various aspects of developing and implementing the Handle With Care program across the state of Tennessee within the law enforcement and education communities. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the TACP.
· Responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of the HWC Program.
· Provides program, data, and financial management reports as required monthly and quarterly.
· Ability to effectively administer programs and complete tasks.
· Communicates effectively and respectfully.
· Conduct outreach to identify and coordinate a working advisory group of stakeholders.
· Develop training and web based communications for HWC Program.
· Develop and implement HWC Program on a statewide level.
· Work with law enforcement personnel (agencies), education professionals (schools), local governments, and non-profits to execute the HWC program in communities statewide.
· Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
· Establishes and maintains accurate records.
· Ability to set priorities, meets deadlines, and make comprehensive recommendations and decisions.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
· Works well in a team or individual environment.
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite computer programs
· Able to manage and/or supervise web-based communication tools (Zoom, Teams, etc)
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines through strong organization skills
· Quick learner, intuitive thinker, detailed oriented, multi-tasker, problem solver
· Familiarity with WordPress or similar content management software a plus
· Ability to travel moderately
· Other duties as required
Education: Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in public or business administration, criminal justice, legal studies, social work, or related fields preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three years of non-profit, for-profit, professional, or governmental administrative experience involving the analysis of administrative processes and the development of programs, policies and/or procedures. Law enforcement related background or experience considered.
Ethical Standards: Professional demeanor, personal integrity, and confidentiality are essential to maintain the ethical standards of the TACP.
The TACP office is located in downtown Nashville. Parking is included.
Compensation: $45k to $60k plus benefits dependent on experience and placement.
How to Apply
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “HWC Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: Friday, September 3, 2021
- Date Posted: August 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth