Nashville Rescue Mission
Guest Services Specialist – Women’s Campus
Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is looking for Full-time Women’s Guest Services Specialists to join our team. Are you the right person?
First Shift: 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Second Shift: 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Third Shift: Saturday – Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 a.m.
You’re Alert & On Guard. Are you concerned about the safety and security of those around you? Are you always alert and paying attention to detail? This job requires the ability to stay focused and avoid distractions to ensure the safety of the area you oversee and protect.
You’re Calm & Confident. A person who doesn’t get riled easy is a good candidate for this job. You must be able to handle disruptions or disputes that might arise keeping your temper in check and maintain control of the situation. The right person for this job can’t react angrily or violently to those who cause disruptions.
You’re A Go-Getter. The ideal candidate for this position is willing to take the initiative and do whatever needs to be done to complete the task. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and pitching in to help.
You’re Strong In Your Faith. Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character. Are you prepared to share your testimony?
- Several times a shift, walks throughout the building checking for locked doors, performing bed checks, and appropriately dealing with any rule violations and unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Speaks with guests as needed to make corrections in action regarding rule violations.
- Evaluates emergency situations and handles them when the shift supervisor is not in the immediate area.
- Writes incident reports of any problem situations or incidents; informs shift supervisor.
- Attends staff meetings as assigned by the Director.
- Follows Mission policies regarding guest confidentiality and other staff rules designed to protect guests.
- Maintains order in the building.
- Answers incoming phone calls and direct accordingly.
- Monitors security cameras for Women’s Campus.
- Allows access to those authorized to enter the building, staff, guests, program, Transitional House, volunteers, community service and law officers.
- Monitors fire and burglar systems.
- Serves as a personal witness for Jesus Christ and shares the Gospel with guests.
- Committed Christian.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate written and verbally.
- Frequent bending and/or lifting and ability to move up to 25 lbs.
Health Benefits, Time Away from Work, Life Insurance and More. Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Retirement. Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
NRM offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for time off for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the NRM family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
How to Apply
To apply, visit Nashville Rescue Mission Careers or submit your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: First Shift: 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Second Shift: 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Third Shift: Saturday - Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.