Are you a counseling professional who desires to work in a capacity in which your efforts directly impact family members, loved ones and members of the Middle Tennessee community who are navigating loss? If you have a heart for people and a desire to make a difference in the lives of many, then we can’t wait to speak with you.
Alive Hospice Grief Counselors provide counseling and bereavement support services to individuals, families and the community at large. Read more about the varied ways our grief care reaches those in the community here. We have two positions open. One counselor will serve the Murfreesboro and surrounding area, and the other will work out of our office in Hendersonville.
- Provides counseling, in the office, for issues related to terminal illness, death or bereavement, to hospice patients, their families and others in the community.
- Provides bereavement counseling, via home visits, to Alive Hospice families, as needed.
- Completes documentation as part of client/patient records in a timely manner, and denoting their progress.
- Makes referrals to and/or activates other community resources on behalf of clients/patients when appropriate.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other community resources, as needed , for clients ineligible for Alive Hospice services.
- Facilitates care- giver and bereavement support groups, as requested by Director of the Grief Center, for Alive Hospice families and the community.
- Assists in training volunteers as requested by Director of the Grief Center.
- Provides educational presentations and information about Alive Hospice services, death, dying and bereavement issues for service providers, the educational community, congregations, businesses, other professionals, professional organizations and community service organizations.
- Describes bereavement services and provides crisis counseling to phone inquirers.
- Maximizes opportunities to enhance visibility of bereavement services within the agency and within the service area.
- Participates in special projects and other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree from an accredited Social Work, or related program (i.e. counseling, psychology, etc.); minimum of two years of post Master’s experience in a hospice, medical or mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of one year postmaster’s experience conducting individual, family and/or group therapy in the above setting preferred.
Licensed by the State of Tennessee as an LCSW, LPC, LMFT.
Alive offers a full benefit package including health, dental and vision coverage, a retirement plan to which Alive will match your contribution up to 3% at rate of 0.5, a team-centered environment and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Apply directly here or go to alivehospice.org/careers.
- Date Posted: January 6, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 02/20/2023
- Working Hours: M-F 40 hrs/week with some evening and weekend responsibility