Grants and Donor Research Specialist
Grants and Donor Research Specialist
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Bradenton, Florida
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Carbondale, Illinois
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral healthcare, substance-abuse treatment and therapeutic foster care services across the U.S. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supports Centerstone’s Foundation by advancing institutional funding results through prospect research, profile development, and select proposal development and submission, as well as helping define and organize funder outreach and follow-up strategies to maintain strong relationships.
2. Provides post grant/award management through funder report production and managing process with finance and program leads to ensure monies are drawn and used according to grant/award parameters and timelines.
3. Leads donor and corporate prospect research and identification. Develops donor profiles. Once prospect is qualified, determines portfolio assignment. Collaborates with gift officers to develop individualized donor engagement plans in support of their work.
4. Provide additional prospect research for special events (e.g. sponsorship prospects) or special campaigns (e.g. feasibility, capital).
5. Coordinates internal and external special campaign logistics (e.g., scheduling committee meetings, preparation of campaign and presentation materials, drafting minutes).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Track record in preparation of proposals for private grants/institutional funders, including post funding/funder reporting. Specialist plays a major role in behind-the-scenes awards management.
- Experience coordinating aspects of feasibility studies and/or major campaigns (scheduling donor visits, campaign materials development, meetings, database logging of donor information).
- Strong project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail in a deadline focused environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Experience with CRM (donor constituency management software) such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge and prospect management software such as WealthEngine or Donor Search.
- Ability to evaluate problems accurately and exercise appropriate judgment and discretion when dealing with donors, employees, board members, and volunteers; ability to work and solve problems both independently and in a team environment to move projects from inception to completion
- Enthusiastic, action-oriented approach with strong work ethic; fantastic customer service ethic with high expectations for quality
Task/Percentage of Time/Frequency
- Standing : 20%
- Sitting: 80%
- Squatting: Occasional
- Driving: Occasional
- Kneeling: Occasional
- Lifting: Occasional
- Bending: Occasional
The duties and responsibilities described in this document are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time, or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
Minimum Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising; familiarity with philanthropy.
Required Certification/Licensure: Not applicable
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
How to Apply
Apply online at: Centerstone.org/careers/
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Centerstone has a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place in compliance with federal, state, and local law.
Centerstone is a not-for-profit health system providing mental health and substance use disorder treatments. Services are available nationally through the operation of outpatient clinics, residential programs, the use of telehealth and an inpatient hospital. Centerstone also features specialized programs for the military community, therapeutic foster care, children’s services and employee assistance programs. Centerstone’s Research Institute provides guidance through research and technology, leveraging the best practices for use in all our communities. Centerstone’s Foundation secures philanthropic resources to support the work and mission of delivering care that changes people’s lives.
- Date Posted: January 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week, M-F, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT