Sexual Assault Center
Full-Time Clinical Therapist
Sexual Assault Center
Provide direct clinical support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, psychoeducation and referrals to support healing from the impact of sexual assault in their lives.
- Provide quality and effective trauma-informed therapy, both individual and group, to a variety of clients impacted by sexual assault/abuse.
- Maintain a full caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Keep accurate client records and complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Support peers by participating in weekly Clinical Team meeting and case staffing.
- Actively participate in individual clinical supervision.
- Engage in outreach and community-based activities as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited university or college with a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology, that meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state of Tennessee.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate clinical experience preferred.
- Experience with trauma informed care required.
- Experience with the sexual assault survivor population is preferred.
SAC reserves the right waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Experience and comfort with providing clinical support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, providing therapy to clients of various ages, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
SAC values diversity and inclusivity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, religious and spiritual beliefs or practices, political views or affiliations, and abilities.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) LTD, PTO and Aflac products are available. Employer contributes to Medical, while Dental and Vision are 100% employee paid. Employer contributes up 3% to 401(k) after one year
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Earnestine Sangster at email@example.com
Alicia Bunch Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Simpson at email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 10/13/2021
- Working Hours: • Full-Time, salaried position. Some evening hours required.